Thread: Canadian extended warranty

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Canadian extended warranty

I was looking to extend my warranty. I know, I have 10 years/160,000 on everything but then what? In the last 5 years I plan to keep the car I have no coverage. That's likely when major components will fail.

I stumbled upon a plan that gives me an additional 10 years/160,000 kms on everything. The plan kicks in when the OEM warranty expires, it's not concurrent like some plans are.

So for $782 I will have 17 years/320,000 kilometers of bumper to bumper coverage for my Mirage.

My kid will get her license in 8 years or so which means she can the drive the Mirage without fear of paying for breakdowns for another 10 years.

What do you guys think? It is worth it? $82/year to cover 99% of things that break?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If through mitsubishi I'd say it might be worth it but a 3rd party I'd pass personally.

I'm with Pryme. I'm sure there's a lot of fine print in those kinds of plans that let them weasel out of paying for claims.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (12-09-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm going to drill down and see what the fine print says. I'll mention I used the same insurance company twice via my CC with rentals when they were damaged by other people.

They were great about the incidents and keep me in the loop, followed through, got results and made me happy.

I'm also looking into the Mits Diamond care plans which I'm guessing will be gruesomely expensive.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-08-2017)

These things seem to last. We got 300000kms before the cvt went in on of our cars. It woulda lasted longer I'm sure had I known about the 2 filters in them. The engine is still going and has never been touched with over 327000kms(203xxxmiles) on it now.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow. That's great hear. 300,000 is nothing to sneeze at. I figure I'll put that much on in the 15 or so years I plan to have the car in my family.

Mine a 5mt, and it looks like the Mits tranny is as tough as a rockcrusher or toploader.

What second filter are you referencing, is it on the CVT or for the engine?

The cvt's have 2 filters. We didn't get manuals cause lot's of people that can drive a standard shouldn't. It's hard to abuse the auto's unless you neutral drop them I guess. I haven't drive a 5spd mirage, I hear they shift nice though. I bet nicer than my trucks!
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The cvt's have 2 filters. We didn't get manuals cause lot's of people that can drive a standard shouldn't. It's hard to abuse the auto's unless you neutral drop them I guess. I haven't drive a 5spd mirage, I hear they shift nice though. I bet nicer than my trucks!
    Nice is relative. They shift fine but not butter smooth. You can feel it as it goes into each gear. And now that it's been as low as the teens it can be a bit tough to get it to shift when cold. Once warm it's fine again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-11-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine shifts like, well, as good as my german car. It's fun. Certainly shifts way better than anything I owned in the 70's. God, those cars had retard long throws. Lots of HP though. lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-11-2017)