Thread: 2018 Mirage GT Review (CVT): Autoweek

2018 Mirage GT Review (CVT): Autoweek

Name:  autoweek-2018-mirage.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  80.8 KB

This is the first press review I've seen of a Mirage in a long time.

Autoweek got their hands on a 2018 model GT (Mitsu still hasn't figured out they're better off loaning out a base model with the stick).

Notably, they acknowledge the ongoing improvements -- small and large -- to the car since 2014.

But overall?

those looking at fully-priced Mirages are likely to find themselves wondering why, for that price, they're not looking elsewhere.
    Again, that's because they tested the GT.

Overall, a reasonable review. There area few questionable statments in it, but it's definitely not a hatchet job like the review by Autoguide.

Even a couple of the comments below the article are supportive.

Read the full review: http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi...rious-commuter

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-08-2017),spork (12-09-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's not a horrible review but it's almost like they leave out important data intentionally. Like the fact that Mits often provides huge discounts. Sometimes $2500. The warranty is very good, if not the best then very close. And the mileage is just insane. Up here with gas at roughly $5.50/gal if you drive 30,000 kms a year, like I do, you save $1200/year compared to car that gets 35 mpg,which is a real world figure for many Fiestas, Focus, Elantra, etc. That savings easily defeats the additional depreciation the Mirage is saddled with. Just think, in the 10 years I plan to own the car I'll save $12,000 in gas costs which is more than I paid for the car!!!

There isn't another car out there that can make the same claim.

He got the part about comfort right. Best long trip car I have driven in many years. Awesome AC. Why he said the CVT is noisy and second rate IDK. The Mirage CVT is perfectly tuned to the car.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-08-2017)

Yeah, interesting to note he observed 38 mpg US in his unusually long test of the car that included 80 MPH / 140 km/h cruising on the freeway and lots of hard acceleration.

I can't think of any other car out there that would have been that close to its EPA rating when driven that hard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)