Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Swarthy :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Woohoo! How many miles on the clock?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Its definitely been driven in the first 3 years of its life. It has 77k on it.

This was actually a car I posted here on the forum a while back in the cheap used Mirages thread. It was listed for $4k at the time. They kept lowering the price, and I kept watching it until it hit $3500. Then I called on it, made sure things were in order because it was 2 hours away. Then, I called up Spork, a user on the forum who I have done stuff with before. She helped me test my sway bar alternative designs. We went down to Chicago and picked it up after a quick test drive to make sure things were in order. It ended up being $3575 out the door. I still have to pay tax on it and swap the plates off my 04 Civic. That'll probably add another ~$300 or so to the total.

I was pretty impressed with the mpg on the way home. I stopped almost halfway home and filled up the tank. I reset the mpg readout and was able to get 43.4 mpg on the way home, and a lot of that was at 70 mph. I'm thinking hitting 50+ shouldn't be too hard, especially in summer.

It does need some attention first though. The front tires are just about drag slicks. I'll get pictures. The rear tires which are Enasaves are in decent condition. I'm also pretty suspect of the rear alignment. I'll be making an appointment as soon as I can to get the alignment checked on the car. It also needs to be taken in to have the airbag recall done on it.

I do have a lot of plans for the car. We'll see what I actually am able to get done.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (12-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    My front tires as is!

The rears were worse than I thought too. They have a little more than 1/8" of tread on them. Looks like I'll probably be getting a full set.

Name:  IMG_20171210_083501773.jpg
Views: 2425
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20171210_083516055_HDR.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  98.1 KB
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-10-2017)

Wow - those tires!

Did you check the "B" MPG gauge? I bet that would be the "lifetime" MPG on the car when you got it.

How's the tread on your Insight wheels & tires? Direct swap, and lighter. Probably not much more aero than the stock Mirage wheel covers though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow those tires are beyond terrible. Congrats on car

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Holy, I'd be scared to drive on those tires. Glad you finally got a Mirage Daox, looks nice! You should add to the 'to do list' thread. I'd be interested in knowing your plans. Congrats!
    (blank signature)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    My front tires as is!
    That's the little-known, unpublished low rolling resistance feature. The traction bars (not the common misnomer 'wear' bars) are finally fully exposed. Looks like the previous owner worked hard to set this up for you.

I wonder if the cost of a new set of Enasaves scared off the previous owner. By the way, what was shared by the previous owner? Did they know of the forum?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Congrats! Front tires are certainly worn, but they are worn FLAT. That's good news. Don't worry too much about the 77k, mine has 81k and hasn't had a single problem.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-11-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's the little-known, unpublished low rolling resistance feature. The traction bars (not the common misnomer 'wear' bars) are finally fully exposed. Looks like the previous owner worked hard to set this up for you.

I wonder if the cost of a new set of Enasaves scared off the previous owner. By the way, what was shared by the previous owner? Did they know of the forum?
    But he's yet to discover the super secret ultra high mileage band of steel! Lol, they add 10mpg when they are finally exposed.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)