Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: HVAC heat blows warm/hot on drivers side, cool/cold passenger side (warranty issue)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eulogylife View Post
    Both are 2015 DE models. Mine is a 5 speed and hers is a CVT ... Both have 33,000 to 35,000 miles on them. The only difference in driving conditions is that I do a lot of the highway (vacation) driving. We've done some long traveling in my car: Chicago to Florida, Chicago to New Orleans, Chicago to North Carolina then Pittsburgh and back.
    I think a testament to the reliability of the Mirage is that we quite a few 2 Mirage households. Fummins wins for his fleet that he maintains and can give direct comparisons between the reliability of the Mirage compared to the Spark.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Another reading FWIW, on the highway, 115kmh, about 3c outside.

Driver side 167, Center vent 172, Right side 161

It's interesting the big difference between center and right side but side-side is fairly close.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-28-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    That is blowing nice and warm.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    That is blowing nice and warm.
    Yes!

Those are pretty much the same numbers I got with my lazer thermo when it was really cold old last fall.

I wonder why my '17 spec seems much hotter than the other '17 spec mentioned in this thread?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Somewhat related to this thread...

I had an aluminum screen/filter in my dishwasher that was full of rock-hard mineral deposits from hard water. I placed the filter into a container of 100% CLR. After 24 hours of soaking, it looked like nothing had happened. All of the deposits were still in place. After 48 hours, it looked like maybe 10% of the deposits were gone.

What I did notice at this point was that the deposits were now somewhat soft and I could scrub most of them off. If I was only relying on CLR to remove the deposits (without any mechanical removal), I think I would have had to leave this filter sitting in 100% CLR for at least a week.

The aluminum screen/filter seemed to suffer no etching/damage/etc after multiple days of soaking. So I think the warnings on the bottle are highly conservative (like Doax's test seemed to show).

I'm still not sure what to make of this whole heater core ordeal. I'm going to let mine go until next winter...while I still have some warranty. I hate to have my dash removed if this is just the way these cars behave.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went for a drive today. It's been nasty weather here for the past week so I have been driving my truck. I took the Mirage for a 60 mile round trip. The heater worked fantastic! A small problem before I started out though. The battery was completely cold dead. 0.0 volts. My first thought was that the dealership pinched a wire and I have a short somewhere inside the dash. It wouldn't even jump start with a quick charge. So I took the battery out of my craftsman lawn tractor and put it in the Mirage. The tractor battery is physically half the size of the stock Mirage battery. It turned right over and had no problems on the trip. When I git home the Mirage battery was reading 100% charge so I put it back in the car. I guess we'll see tomorrow if I have to buy another battery right away.

Oh, and I found out why the battery was dead. I left the dome light on for almost a week inside the garage. Doh!
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    ...The heater worked fantastic!
    Are you saying the new heater core resulted in a noticeable improvement?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Are you saying the new heater core resulted in a noticeable improvement?
    that is exactly what i am saying - night and day brother, night and day
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 01-7700 For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-28-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    that is exactly what i am saying...
    Man...you're killing me! Now you're making me think I should get mine checked out. Maybe I'll just schedule my airbag programming recall and bring it up then.

Country
    Norway
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm still not sure what to make of this whole heater core ordeal. I'm going to let mine go until next winter...while I still have some warranty. I hate to have my dash removed if this is just the way these cars behave.
    Picked up my 2013 autumn last year. It started getting cold outside and we realised the car just blew cold air out on the passenger side.. It was also noticeable on foggy/icy mornings with the passenger side of the front window de-fogging much later than the driver side.

Called Mitsubishi, went for a diagnosis which read heater core.. Thought it was odd, booked the car in regardless (it's under warranty so whatever). The dealer replaced heater core under warranty and the car now blows hot air on both sides and is a real pleasure to live with.

Also the auto function doesn't work properly if one of the sides just blows cold. Mine was at max and it was still cold inside the car, now it's at 22C and it gets warm and nice within ten mins. Seriously if the car is under warranty just book it in and have it done..

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eiriksmil For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (03-06-2018),Daox (03-12-2018),MetroMPG (03-04-2018),Top_Fuel (03-04-2018)