Thread: Resin cast Mirage "hot wheel" for key chains

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Resin cast Mirage "hot wheel" for key chains

Hey guys I made too much silicone last night and needed something quick to mold. I grabbed the Mirage pullback racer that was on my desk and tossed it in. I pulled it this morning and did a quick test pour to see how well it worked for being a "hot wheel"

I believe that when I clean up the mold and add it to the pressure tank I will get a much better pull on it than this one. I plan on adding a screw eye so I can put it on my key chain. I'm not sure what the final will look like as the pull back motor on the bottom seems to have interfered with the molding. Well that and the bits caught up in the wheels.

Anyone interested in a copy of it? I should be able to do it in most of the Mirage colors and they will glow in the dark. Cost would be material (roughly $8) plus shipping. I have attached pictures of this bubble infested one but this is not what the final product would look like. This one was just poured free hand before I jumped in the shower so it wasn't pressurized as I didn't want to run the compressor that early and wake people up.

Name:  Photo Dec 18, 11 24 17 AM.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  86.2 KB
    Name:  Photo Dec 18, 11 24 23 AM.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  88.0 KB
    Name:  Photo Dec 18, 11 24 32 AM.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  86.1 KB

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Remy For This Useful Post:

Angrybeaver (01-26-2018),Daox (12-18-2017),Eggman (12-18-2017),MetroMPG (12-22-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Hah, that looks pretty cool!

What kind of resin is it?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its from Smooth-on but I don't remember the actual product code off the top of my head. I dumped a little pink glow powder in it as the container was still sitting there from the night before. I ran a test of the Porg at the same time and wanted something that would make seeing the details in it easier. There wasn't enough color added for either of them honestly. Name:  Photo Dec 18, 12 21 33 PM (1).jpg
Views: 212
Size:  78.7 KB

Attached Images Attached Images