Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Mirage warranty replacements: engine, CVT, rear axle

DylanM - thanks for joining to post your experience.

Hope you don't mind I moved it to a dedicated thread so it's not buried in the odometer readings topic.

Your story reminds me of the saying...

"Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Are you soured on your Mirage now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (12-22-2017),DylanM (12-22-2017),Fummins (12-22-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    DylanM - thanks for joining to post your experience.

Hope you don't mind I moved it to a dedicated thread so it's not buried in the odometer readings topic.

Your story reminds me of the saying...

"Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Are you soured on your Mirage now?
    I wouldn't say I'm soured on the Mirage. I'm soured by the local dealerships in my area.
    I tend not to use names but if you know Nova Scotia at all there is only two Mitsubishi dealerships here.
    Both owned by Steele Auto Group.
    So I'm soured with Steele Auto Group and will never buy any cars from any of there dealerships regardless of brand...

Now maybe this is typical dealership behaviour because my Mechanic friend I keep mentioning his Chrysler dealership he worked for sounded just as bad!

But it's more principle now.... Even if the fact is every other dealership is just as bad.

Sadly since they own both of the Mitsubishi dealerships I'm unlikely to buy another NEW Mitsubishi.
    But to be honest I purchased the Mirage new as my first new car.
    With my income I have no business buying new cars I wanted to just once!

Technically I did purchase one more car from there counterpart dealership.
    But this was because my former employer who worked with the dealerships in the area helped me get a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer SE at cost AS-IS.
    Just $1,500 with taxes & fees and only had 170,000kms/105,000 miles. and in decent shape.
    Fixed it with the help from my friends for just $150 inspected and on the road!
    But I only purchased that because it was to my advantage.
    This same car could easily sell for $3,000 in my area maybe even $4,000!

Bottom line I'll look towards how all the other Mirages are doing and forum my view on the car that way. Mine was a 2014 first year for this car in Canada it was bound to have some problems.
    I'm sure my engine issue was something small but who's to argue when there giving you a new one?
    And I still feel strongly that my local dealership is to blame why I was having transmission problems in the first place!
    So I wont blame this on the car.

Also making this into it's own post was a great idea! I likely should have originally!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I like piece work when I can get stuff done quicker than book time as long its just r&r something not rusted to ground and the customer doesn't sit and watch.
    A co worker got quoted $200 to replace both front struts on an equinox. Foolishly I offered to do it at home for half that. She watched and it took well under an hour. When I was done she didn't think it was fair to pay me $100 for less than an hours worth of work. Rather than tossing her old struts threw her windows like I wanted to, eventually we settled on $75. I don't usually let people watch anymore.
    I don't think I'd want to work for a dealership, with my luck I'd end up with all the crappy broken exhaust manifold bolts jobs.
    Yeah my mechanic friend said the same thing about that sometimes he could get a job done faster and still get paid the same.
    But it seemed clear to me he got burned one to many times by that system.
    Now he happily works at garage where everything is priced by how long it takes, he seems allot more happy there.

That kinda sucks what your co worker did, she would of had to pay $200 otherwise so you doing for half the price regardless how long it takes you is a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    We would absolutely like to hear how it goes for you. Thanks for posting all the info!
    So where I stand now with the guy on phone claiming that Mitsubishi could likely help me out with a set of tires if my rear end had to be replaced (considering how many tires I went though)
    Either way the guy I was speaking to before returned to his normal department and that's not answering phones like the other people.

Didn't think there would be any issues so I spoke to whoever answered and now there telling me the warranty doesn't cover tires.
    Well duh I knew that, this seemed more like it would be a special case considering how many tires I went though and how I was chasing after the dealership about this issue for 2 years!

Either way that person was borderline rude with me.

Today I took up the email address they had on the site and wrote a detailed email explaining what transpired on the phone originally.
    This will be my last attempt because I'm just done with this BS.

I'll just count it as a victory that my car is 100% fixed and running fine so far.
    (As it should be since it's basically a brand new car powertrain wise...)

But if my stubbornness gets me anywhere I'll write back the results and how I got them.

Also if anyone else is going though similar problems I'll gladly help by talking in further detail about anything I did to get all this work finally done....
    Bottom line is the corporate side of Mitsubishi seems good, speak to them and they will make the dealerships follow though!
    The dealerships will hate you for it! So you won't be making friends with them.
    But at least your car will be fixed!
    Last edited by DylanM; 12-22-2017 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Didn't notice MetroMPG post.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DylanM For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-22-2017),MetroMPG (12-22-2017)

But to be honest I purchased the Mirage new as my first new car.
    With my income I have no business buying new cars I wanted to just once!
    It bites that it was your first "new car treat" to yourself and you had these issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Foolishly I offered to do it at home for half that.
    You weren't foolish. You offered to do a decent favor for her. She chose to abuse your generosity.

She watched and it took well under an hour. When I was done she didn't think it was fair to pay me $100 for less than an hours worth of work.
    I guarantee if it took you 3 hours instead of 1 she'd think it was more than fair to still pay you $100.

I think she is one you can scratch off your customer list, for good.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)