Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 mirage wont start help!!? (Cranks but won't fire)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Angry 2015 mirage wont start help!!? (Cranks but won't fire)

So i went out to go to the grocery store tn. Push the push button start and my car just cranks like its gonna start but does not wtf? Its a 2015 bought new 11500 miles never had any problems always get oil changed on time. Its not the battery cause all the lights came on and my headlights didnt dim when starting im freaking out. My dad thinks its starter or alternator or even fuel injector idk hes no mechanic. Pls tell me if i take it to my dealer this stuff is covered i havw the 10 year 100000 warranty so id assume it is save my christmas give me.good news pls

----

Admin edit... Related threads:

Thread: Kermit wouldn't start! (starter cranked, but engine wouldn't start/run)

Thread: Engine would crank but not start/run

Thread: Breakdown blues (starter cranks, but engine wont run/start)

This Thread: 2015 mirage wont start help!!? (Cranks but won't fire)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Try holding the accelerator pedal to the floor and then press the start button.

Explanation in this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Try holding the accelerator pedal to the floor and then press the start button.

Explanation in this thread.
    I will try but i have to push on brake also for car to start

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Not out of gas, is it? Gotta ask!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (12-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger86 View Post
    Pls tell me if i take it to my dealer this stuff is covered i havw the 10 year 100000 warranty so id assume it is save my christmas give me.good news pls
    This is covered under the Roadside Assistance warranty. Details can be found in the Warranty Manual in your glovebox, or download a copy from Mitsubishi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi Motors 2015 / WARRANTY & MAINTENANCE MANUAL Page 28
    ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE FOR 5 YEARS/UNLIMITED MILEAGE
    Should you ever need it, you have access to 24-hour emergency roadside assistance for 5 full years from the date of the original retail delivery or original use, whichever is earlier, regardless of mileage. Covered services include towing, jump starts, flat tire service, emergency fuel and fluid delivery, and much more.

CALL-> 1-888-648-7820

Please have your 17-character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available when you call.

You are covered for:
    • Towing to the nearest Mitsubishi Motors Dealer or other approved service point from the point of disablement if your Vehicle is not drivable (Please retain all towing receipts.)
    • Jump-starts in the event of a dead battery
    • Exchange of a flat tire with your inflated spare
    • Emergency fuel and fluid delivery
    • Lockout assistance to gain entry into your Vehicle
    • Mechanical “first aid” for minor roadside repairs or adjustments

TOWING-AFTER EXPIRATION OF 5 YEARS/UNLIMITED MILEAGE ROAD ASSISTANCE

CALL-> 1-888-648-7820
    Please have your 17-character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available when you call.
    Should your Vehicle become inoperable due to a warrantable failure after the expiration of 5 years/Unlimited mileage roadside service, MMNA will arrange for the Vehicle to be towed to the nearest Mitsubishi Motors Dealer or other approved service point.
    Please retain all towing receipts; you will be reimbursed for towing expenses if it is determined that the Vehicle became inoperable due to a warrantable failure.

NOTE:
    • These programs are benefits provided to you at no charge as part of the purchase of your Vehicle. Generally, there is no charge for any of the Roadside Assistance services listed for the five full years, without regard to mileage. However, you will be responsible for the cost of non-warrantable parts, lost-key replacement, and non-warrantable tire repair.
    • These programs are NOT a warranty and are subject to change without notice. MMNA reserves the right to limit and/or change available services.
    • Roadside Assistance excludes winching of Vehicle off road, Vehicle disabled in rally, racing or other competitive events, and Vehicle used for commercial purposes such as police, taxi, route delivery, livery, or daily rental services.
    • ALL TOWING services are only one-way from the point of disablement to the nearest Mitsubishi Motors Dealer or other approved service point; you are responsible to pick up your Vehicle from the Mitsubishi Motors Dealer or approved service point after it has been repaired.
    So, what was found to be the problem?
    Last edited by Eggman; 12-24-2017 at 09:16 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-26-2017),R01k (01-06-2018),Top_Fuel (12-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Havent tried to start today but tuesday im going to have it towed to my dealer and have them fix it. Is most stuff covered under warranty such as like starter or battery

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's certainly covered at <12,000 miles. Don't panic.
    Use roadside assistance to get it to dealer shop. This creates paper and money trail which kick starts an ASAP resolution because it costs Mitsu money.

Quick question.. Does it chug or make puffs of exhaust out the tail pipe when you try to start it or does it seem like the engine is not trying at all?
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger86 View Post
    Havent tried to start today but tuesday im going to have it towed to my dealer and have them fix it.
    Try to start it again. The first thing most tow truck drivers will do in this situation is try to start it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Try to start it again. The first thing most tow truck drivers will do in this situation is try to start it.
    Went out this morning gave it a little gas and it started up. No weird noises with the exhaust or anything so tuesday imma call mitsu and drive it there and have them look at it cause now im afraid im going to be out somewhere n get stuck. First time ive had any problems with the car im annoyed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You may want to just see if it happens again. This has happened to a couple of people before. Holding the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking the engine seems to solve it on the rare occasions that it happens.

Even though the car is under warranty, they may not look at it for free...especially if they can't duplicate the condition. I'd hate to see you drop $100 just to have the service manager tell you they couldn't find anything wrong.