Thread: Mirage vs Deep Snow

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage vs Deep Snow

I live just west of Erie, Pa across the border in Ohio where they got 53" yesterday and still accumulating today. Wifey asked me to take her to work and pick her up because of the deep snow. At first it was not so bad, but the closer we got to the lake, the worse it was. We literally pushed snow over our hood for the last 9 miles into town. By time we got to town closer to the lake, the snow was even deeper and the roads were rutted up pretty bad. We went past at least 6 vehicles stuck in the snow.

Her boss called and said she could not get out of her driveway. We detoured even closer to the lake to pick her up. The main road was terrible, but at least some traffic been on it. As soon as I turned down her side road, the Mighty Space Peanut stopped dead in it's tracks. The snow was waist deep and the little car could not push through. In order to back out, I had to turn off the traction control to get some tire spin and rock it back and forth. It came out after a couple shots and waited for her to walk to the main road.

I took the day off to relax and that did not happen. I spent a few hours in town helping shovel snow. I went home and then picked her up later. All I have to say is that even with stock tires, this little car was very impressive driving in this kind of snow.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

2of9 (12-27-2017),Alex1a1f (12-26-2017),Eggman (12-26-2017),Fummins (12-29-2017),inuvik (12-26-2017),ISP_guy (12-29-2017),MetroMPG (12-27-2017),Pryme (12-26-2017),Top_Fuel (12-26-2017)