Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another crap review (Video: Doug Demuro reviews a 2015 Mirage CVT)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Not sure why he is reviewing a two-year-old used Mirage when he could pretty easily get his hands on a new-and-improved '18. But I guess he reviews all kinds of stuff.

I put my $0.02 worth in under the comments!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Pryme (12-30-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    Interesting that almost every comment is in support of our little car. Doug is missing the point
    And they've apparently put him on the defensive. Last night he changed his first pinned comment under the video to read:

"Watch from 18:00 before complaining about how offended you are that I don't "understand" this car."
    View/add to comments below his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCsNs3eYTE

Lots of comments on the written version of the review too: https://www.autotrader.com/car-video...nothing-272137

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    And they've apparently put him on the defensive. Last night he changed his first pinned comment under the video to read:

View/add to comments below his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCsNs3eYTE

Lots of comments on the written version of the review too: https://www.autotrader.com/car-video...nothing-272137
    It's amazing the amount of backlash against Mr. DeMuro this review is creating. Over 600,000 views in TWO DAYS. Over 11,000 comments, most of which are from people around the world and are along the lines of, "I live in Chile and the Mirage is considered a rather luxurious car here. F@ck you!"

I think it's all very, very funny!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

alex16 (12-31-2017),inuvik (12-29-2017),Top_Fuel (12-29-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My favorite comment, from a viewer simply known as "Mark". I repost it here because it will likely be un-findable in a few hours:

"I hate-watched this video knowing that it was being reviewed by some guy who makes his living driving fancy shmancy zoom-zoom penile-envy cockrockets. Of course DD hates this car. It offends him that cars could possibly be liked solely for cheap reliable fuel-effecient transportation. Also, I am not POOR and I own a 2015 Mirage. There is a human charm to vehicles like this. Anyone who's driven around the British Isles is a Micra, a Corsa, or a Ka knows this. Anyone who prefers an old small cottage to a McMansion knows this. I personally would rather own three Mirages than one f**king F-150 Raptor or whatever-ST. So stick the Mirage hate up your butt good sir."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

alex16 (12-31-2017),Johnny Mullet (12-29-2017),MetroMPG (12-29-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Popular Youtube car critic Doug DeMuro reviews a Mirage

He was fair to our vehicle towards the end around the 18 minute mark. This car is for cheap, reliable transportation. It's not ment to be a head turner or anything like that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    MercyMirage, I moved your thread into one we already had started on the topic.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    One review retard on utube could not shut up about the Mirage being stuck in the 90's because of the equipment installed.

I don't remember seeing traction control, stability control, ABS, bluetooth or MP3 capability on any 90's car at any price.

So the guy is an idiot. Plus the base Spark comes with manual windows (all four!) and those weird little joysticks attached to each mirror. That equipment is from the 80's , nevermind the 90's as some commenter posted.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I replied mentioning this guy doesn't no jack about the mirage or it's competition.

More on Reddit:

Following on from the Doug Mirage review. If you want a reliable car for that kind of money and aren't an enthusiast, why would anyone not just buy a 3-5 year old Corolla instead?

Where DeMuro actually defends the Mirage:

A lot of very savvy car enthusiasts say things like 'Why don't you just buy a used Civic?' Well, because not every used Civic is good. The people buying Mirages bought a used Civic once, and they don't know much about cars so a few months later the timing belt snapped, and they were screwed.

Not everyone is smart enough to know which used Civic to buy, or which used Corolla, or to spot the ones where the exhaust is held on with zip-ties or whatever. And a lot of people are scared of being that person who gets the unreliable Corolla or the unreliable Civic, maybe because it has actually happened to them before.

I've often felt this is the biggest issue where car enthusiasts lack perspective -- car enthusiasts know how to spot these issues, and it's so ingrained in us that we almost can't believe there are people out there who don't realize if you mash the brakes on a test drive and the car and it shakes, it may need new pads and rotors. But those people exist, and they're not idiots, they just don't know much about cars. Which is fine.

By buying a Mirage, you get the comfort of knowing you have a new vehicle (a big deal) with a long warranty (a big deal). Plus, it's often difficult to finance older used cars, whereas Mitsubishi would finance a wombat if it walked into a showroom.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-31-2017)