Thread: USB Playback Problems

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks

USB Playback Problems

Good day.

I'm seeking advice on how to fix the Radio unit or if there even is a way to fix.

I bought a 2017 Mirage G4 this year in May, had no issues so far until today.
    The head unit is not modified in any way, all i did was swap out and delete some MP3 files from the USB drive i've used for the last 7 months. As i plugged it back in, the headunit reads and connects to the drive BUT only plays the first song in the first folder for ~10 seconds, freezes up and the message of "No connection" comes up, after 20-30 seconds it reconnects and the same thing happens. In those 10-15 seconds while the song plays iam able to navigate through the folders and even choose a different song, which plays for a few seconds but hangs up again. I tried a different USB drive with the same songs and folders abd it froze up too. I pulled the fuse of the headunit from in the fusebox that is located left of the steering wheel a bit below. All that did, it deleted my saved radio stations, which was no surprise for me but the problem persists.

The headunit features Bluetooth and DAB+ Radio,CD-player, Aux, AM/FM and the USB port.

On top of that i got 17 Folders on the drive, none of them exceeding over 35 Songs.

Hope that somebody can help me with this issue, otherwise i guess i'll have to talk to the dealer who sold me the car about it.

Thanks in advance.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Have you tried a different USB drive with similar files and folders? If it plays properly then I think you have an issue with one or more files on your drive.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Here's a couple things you can try.

1. Reload your USB drive - remove all songs and copy them back on and see what that does for you.
    2. If you still have problems, remove all songs (and other files) and add them back one folder or album at a time. That way you might catch which one is causing your problems.

I have used Windows and sometimes my Samsung phone to copy files. Although, I haven't used my USB port lately.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Hello again.

Thanks for all the replies but i figured the problem out. I was able to fix it by renaming the first folder that would play automatically to a different name and now it just wen't for the one next in line.
    Everything works now, took a few times of turning the ignition on and off.
    Now its back to normal, it also remembers where it stopped playing and picks up from the same spot.

Thanks again for the help.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zippi12275 For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-31-2017),Eggman (01-01-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for letting us know how you resolved the problem.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)