Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Power Door Lock Problems

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    So yesterday I finally got time to work on my car and opened the actuator and fixed the motor, now it is working properly!

I did measure the voltage with a digital multimeter to the 2 motor wires but the pulse voltage is so quick that it doesn't have time to register on my multimeter (only flashes 8 - 10 volts). So this method only tells you that there is voltage coming from the wire.

I'll post a full write up of the procedure later along with some pics and videos.

Spoiler: the culprit is the actuator motor with its burnt commutator.
    Sorry I do not mean to hijack your thread but my 2014 locks are doing something similar.....

-Front Driver Door fine via remote and lock button
    -Front Passenger Dead via remote and Lock (Driver or Passenger)
    -Rear Driver Dead via remote and lock
    -Rear Passenger fine via remote and lock button
    -Hatchback fine via remote and lock button

I tried doing all of them with the battery on and same...... It can't be a blown fuse can it? If 3 out of 5 doors are working.....
    I'm thinking it's the motors as well. When I push the remote or lock button, NOTHING on the affected side.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by RunDougRun View Post
    Sorry I do not mean to hijack your thread but my 2014 locks are doing something similar.....

-Front Driver Door fine via remote and lock button
    -Front Passenger Dead via remote and Lock (Driver or Passenger)
    -Rear Driver Dead via remote and lock
    -Rear Passenger fine via remote and lock button
    -Hatchback fine via remote and lock button

I tried doing all of them with the battery on and same...... It can't be a blown fuse can it? If 3 out of 5 doors are working.....
    I'm thinking it's the motors as well. When I push the remote or lock button, NOTHING on the affected side.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I learned NOT to assume I knew exactly how vehicles are wired a long time ago. The locks might use 1 fuse or it may share more than one with other components. I dunno, I haven't looked at a schematic. It's unlikely but it's easy to check fuses.
    I wouldn't overthink it too much, I'd guess you just have 2 bad actuators. Is it possible that the rear one went unnoticed for a while until the front one acted up?
    Like cars that have both headlights burnt out, many people assume it's a fuse or wiring problem cause surely 2 parts can't fail at the same time. When what likely happens is they've been driving for months with one headlight and didn't notice a problem til the second one burnt out.
    Check to see if you have power at the actuators first, if no power check for broken wires where the harness goes between the body and door. I haven't seen that before but it's possible. You could probably pull a good acutator and swap it with one of the dead ones to test. If the plugs are the same?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I'd be curious to see how it is you serviced the motor. The case of the actuator around the motor does not look like you can easily open it. Did you use a rotary tool and cut it open?

I am also wondering if it is easy to remove the existing FR (front right) driver door lock mechanism--change it from pushbutton to ordinary key lock

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewsantos View Post
    I'd be curious to see how it is you serviced the motor. The case of the actuator around the motor does not look like you can easily open it. Did you use a rotary tool and cut it open?

I am also wondering if it is easy to remove the existing FR (front right) driver door lock mechanism--change it from pushbutton to ordinary key lock
    Hello andrewsantos and welcome to the forum. Do you own a Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello andrewsantos and welcome to the forum. Do you own a Mirage?

yes, a 2013 Mirage ES with keyless entry.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewsantos View Post
    yes, a 2013 Mirage ES with keyless entry.
    Nice. Glad to have you aboard.

You can make a Garage entry here. Use it to let us know about your Mirage, how it's configured and what modifications you've done to it.

Garage empty: add car

Also, feel free to make an introductory thread, and of course let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help out. Are you having any specific problems with your Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Nice. Glad to have you aboard.

You can make a Garage entry here. Use it to let us know about your Mirage, how it's configured and what modifications you've done to it.

Garage empty: add car

Also, feel free to make an introductory thread, and of course let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help out. Are you having any specific problems with your Mirage?
    Great. I have completed a garage entry now.

Yes, my keyless entry Mirage has a problem with the LF (left front) door actuator. I am wondering if possible to service the motor in the actuator, as I have seen the actuator casing is not offering any easy entry. I am also wondering if it is easy to convert the driver door push button to a standard keyed door. Is it easy to remove the push button mechanism?

What push button? Are you saying you don't have a key hole on your door, just a button?
    I took apart a back door latch, it's just a little motor with a gear that must just switch polarity like a power window motor. It's not a solenoid like I was expecting. I assume the front doors would be similar. I broke some of the plastic taking it apart, it had a few philips screws holding it together and was glued in a few spots. It could probably be opened up without damaging it if you used a heat gun.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What push button? Are you saying you don't have a key hole on your door, just a button?
    I took apart a back door latch, it's just a little motor with a gear that must just switch polarity like a power window motor. It's not a solenoid like I was expecting. I assume the front doors would be similar. I broke some of the plastic taking it apart, it had a few philips screws holding it together and was glued in a few spots. It could probably be opened up without damaging it if you used a heat gun.
    Yes, a keyless mirage has a push button on the driver's door instead of a key hole. A key hole is available on the passenger side front door however. There is also a push button on the rear tailgate door. The push buttons are "triggered" and will operate if a person is standing in close proximity of the door in possession of the keyless remote.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewsantos For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-13-2019)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Mirage 2013 front door actuator image

Have a photo of the actuator here - https://imgur.com/a/SyMuyej

It doesn't look like it is possible to easily access the motor. One has to cut into the case

Last edited by Eggman; 11-14-2019 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added photo.