Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Developing a cruise control kit - now for sale!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    The Dutch market isn't that big. 2535 Space Stars sold in 2013, so I hardly can imagine Mitsubishi would have a special assembly strategy for it.

My car is an early one. According to it's license it is 'admitted to the road' on 5 february 2013. As far as I know that means that it was already in the Netherlands on that date, so it's probably manufactured in 2012.
    I can imagine they started to build cars with different cable trees for different trims, but on evaluation found that that is more expensive than using the same cable tree in all cars. If that is true, it could be a 2012/2013 thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-26-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Doax, I am amazed by this. FANTASTIC work.

I'll be ordering these, recommending these, and probably installing atleast 1 for someone else. I have a freind who already has an ETACs setup and I may just set it up myself to enable the outside temperature reading of my sisters RF.

Suggestion: What if you used a heatgun on low and smoothed out the 3D printer texture a bit? I wonder how those could be made to look a little more OEM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tytotheler92 For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (04-03-2018)

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I read the whole thread and I love it!! I drive 30 minutes to work (mostly highways) and need a cruise control so bad. I'll check to see what ill need for this. I'm fairly confident I can install it and I like the circular switch because my rectangular port is being used up by my diy fog lights. I'll pm you what I will need ��

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks guys!

In case you didn't see. The full install and write up is in the link below. It has everything you need to know about what you'll need for the install as well as how to do it step by step:

DIY: Installing a Daox cruise control kit & enabling in ETACs

I have thought about how to smooth out the panel and make it look better, but really any additional stuff I do is going to increase the cost of the parts. I wanted to keep it as affordable as possible.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (04-03-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Thanks guys!

In case you didn't see. The full install and write up is in the link below. It has everything you need to know about what you'll need for the install as well as how to do it step by step:

DIY: Installing a Daox cruise control kit & enabling in ETACs

I have thought about how to smooth out the panel and make it look better, but really any additional stuff I do is going to increase the cost of the parts. I wanted to keep it as affordable as possible.
    I would gladly pay $40-50 for a more polished kit.

I think if you bundle the brake light switch you could easily sell these for $100 on eBay or otherwise.

The only challenging part is downloading and setting up Etacs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have not been on here in a while and just saw this. Awesome work! I have a 2015. Just ordered your kit and will be getting the rest of the stuff together. Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for the order Floyd!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very glad to see this article. I now have another project for this summer. I saw in the pictures an option for setting the engine immobilizer...so...I think I'll try immobilizing the immobilizer and get my "dead" key to start the car.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stecoop For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-20-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    I saw in the pictures an option for setting the engine immobilizer...so...I think I'll try immobilizing the immobilizer and get my "dead" key to start the car.
    Interesting. Have you asked your dealer to check your key? I wonder if they would take care of it for you.

It would be better than disabling your theft prevention system.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting. Have you asked your dealer to check your key? I wonder if they would take care of it for you.

It would be better than disabling your theft prevention system.
    My dealer is the one who said the key couldn't be programmed to the car; I bought it on e-bay, I suspect it's defective or counterfeit.

As for disabling the theft prevention system, I'm not worried; to drive it a way, the thief would have to have a key that mechanically works in the ignition, and right now, there are only two of them (and only one of them will start the car).

And besides, who's going to steal a Mirage?