Thread: Random chimes in highway with no lights

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Random chimes in highway with no lights

Does the Mirage convey any information through chimes only while driving? This has just happened once but I decided to post it anyways to see if you guys have some ideas on what it was or if it has occurred to someones else.

The other day I had the left signal turned on to switch lanes in the highway when suddenly a car moved onto my blind spot. As I noticed it and aborted the maneuver my Mirage chimed a few times (I'd say about two bursts of 3 or 5 chimes). I expected to see some light come on on the dashboard or on the ceiling belt indicator to let me know of some problem, but none lit.

I few moments later as I'm getting ready again to take the left lane the same happened: I had to abort the move because a car had located onto my blind spot and I heard the same chime from inside my cabin without being accompanied by any lights.

Could it had been that a sensor was sending some false positives provoking "malformed" alerts of noise but no warning lights?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Are both your left-side doors securely latched?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Are both your left-side doors securely latched?
    Yes, I've had no problem with frozen locks or doors not latching properly. Also, the door open light was off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any chance the chime sound might have come from your cell phone?