Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY: Heated Seat Swap

Country
    United States
    Thanks

DIY: Heated Seat Swap

Here's a quick DIY for installing/swapping heated seats into a 2017 Mirage SE. This should apply for other Mirages, but take a look at yours first before attempting. I picked up a set of heated seats from a wrecked 17' G4. My 17' had all the harnesses in place and everything was plug and play. One way to check to see if your wiring is present is to look under each seat and see if there's a white plug just chilling in a white clip under the seat not plugged into anything, after that, pull up the tray ahead of the shifter and see of there's a plug under there tucked down to the left held in with electrical tape. If it has the plugs under both seats and under the shifter tray, then these steps should work.

Also, if you don't want to swap seats but install pads in your current seats, and have the plugs intact, you could follow these instructions too and hit the ones that apply to your set-up

Parts Needed:
    Seats with Heated Pads in them
    Heater Seat Switch - Part No: 8610A114
    Console Tray - Part No: 8011B055ZZ or 8011B056ZZ
    Power Seat Relay - O-Reilly Part No: 25-0137

1. Swap the seats. On the passenger seat, there are a total of three sensors that need be unhooked. Then remove the 2-14mm nuts in the front and 2-12mm bolts in back. Remove passenger seat. On the driver's side, there's also three sensors that need to be unhooked. Remove the same 2-14mm nuts and 2-12mm bolts, and remove seat.

2. Install other seats. Plug in the four plugs into the bottom of the passenger and driver seat. Tighten down the 14mm nuts and 12mm bolts. Seats are now installed.

3. Pull up on the shifter tray, install the switch and plug it into the switch plug under the tray, and reinstall tray.

4. Put the 20A relay in the blank spot in the location in the relay box. I bought one from O-reillys. Part number 25-0137.

5. Test the operation, they now should be working. They are quite warm btw.

Attached Images Attached Images           
    (blank signature)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

alex16 (01-07-2018),Cobrajet (03-05-2018),Daox (01-08-2018),Eggman (01-06-2018),Fummins (01-08-2018),iriegnome (01-10-2019),R01k (01-09-2019),spacestar67 (09-15-2022),Timinator (01-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    mmm - Tic Tacs.

Nice write up. Thanks for posting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (01-07-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    By the way, where did you get your parts from? I know you mention getting the relay from O'Reillys but where did you get the switch? Did it come with the seats? Same with the console tray? It looks sun-bleached.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    By the way, where did you get your parts from? I know you mention getting the relay from O'Reillys but where did you get the switch? Did it come with the seats? Same with the console tray? It looks sun-bleached.
    I removed the tray with the seats from a local yard, it's not bleached. It's just the lighting. I found the seats on car-part.com, and since they're not listed by heat or trim level, looked for GT hatches or G4s with alum rims in the pics since those cars come with heated seats. $125 for the complete set.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alex1a1f; 01-08-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    (blank signature)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-05-2018),inuvik (01-08-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Great write up Alex. The pictures really help a lot too.

I've added this to the mods list.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Great write up Alex. The pictures really help a lot too.

I've added this to the mods list.
    Can you explain how you get the existing tray out.without breaking the tray.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zippo49 View Post
    Can you explain how you get the existing tray out without breaking the tray.
    Do you mean this piece pictured below?

Name:  tray.jpg
Views: 3159
Size:  51.6 KB

You can just grab it and pull up on it. It pops out pretty easily. You don't need to use screwdrivers or any pry tools. Just remember that there's a wiring harness attached to it (if you have push-button start like the picture above shows).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    If you have the F.A.S.T. Keyless system be very careful. The wires to the fob reader are extremely thin.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Question: Do the fancy GT seats also have height adjustment? If so, what's the lowest seat height? Say... middle of the front of the seat to the floor.

I'd love to be able to lower my seat a little. Been thinking about modifying brackets to do it... but, it's a big can of worms that I've been putting off.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Question: Do the fancy GT seats also have height adjustment? If so, what's the lowest seat height? Say... middle of the front of the seat to the floor.

I'd love to be able to lower my seat a little. Been thinking about modifying brackets to do it... but, it's a big can of worms that I've been putting off.
    I am sure the GT seats have height adjustment, but it's weird. The only part of the seat that moves is the lower portion. The seat back stays in the same place. This means that as you raise and lower the seat, the amount of lumbar support changes as well.

Too bad you are in Florida. I have a '15 ES seat with the height adjustment I'd give to you. If anyone else wants it, please PM me. I don't want to ship it.