Thread: Mirage makes the Worst Cars of 2017 list !

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage makes the Worst Cars of 2017 list !

https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobil...tml/?a=viewall

9 cars better than the Escalade ! So you know it's accurate

Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 01-7700 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I got a Dodge Journey as a rental once. I'm willing to bet the Mirage beats that thing. :P

I agree with the Journey being on the list. Everyone I know that's owned one wishes they hadn't cause it's always in the shop for something.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I agree with the Journey being on the list. Everyone I know that's owned one wishes they hadn't cause it's always in the shop for something.
    I drove a Dodge Nitro as a company car for about five years, then a Jeep Patriot after that. I preferred the Patriot for its smaller packaging (and yet, acres more headroom... go figure), but neither were what I'd call good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I have lost some respect for Consumer Reports over the years. I bought a few of their recommended cars and have been somewhat disappointed. For example, remember the Ford Explorer/Firestone tire roll over cases. My late 1990's Ford Explorer was not one of my favorite vehicles, even though it was one of their highly recommended vehicles when I purchased it . Currently, I have 2011 Subaru Forester. I've never owned a vehicle that burns oil as badly as this one. Once again, CR likes the Forester. It's not burning cheap conventional oil either. I am liking my 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (manual). I paid less than $9500 brand new & the warranty is an awesome perk. Don't really care what CR thinks!

I would like to start reviewing/rating people who review cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    It's just clickbait. These sites and companies have to generate revenue, and this is how they do it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-15-2018),IchabodCrane (01-12-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Consumer Reports like everyone else these days relies on advertising revenues to stay alive. This means that while their opinions are well researched they preach status quo.
    The Mirage is hated by most so it's hated by CR.
    As for the cheap interior I test drove the Nissan Micra which everybody loves and found the interior far cheaper feeling than the Mirage. Our interiors are miles above any base model Dodge/Chrysler product.
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 01-12-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I agree with the others. I haven't paid attention to CR for years now. Per their reviews (and many other automotive outlets) we all need to be driving around in big 'ol plush vehicles that have every amenity at the touch of a button, gobs of power, and fuel economy is a hollow afterthought (until gas goes above $4/gal, then its crazy panic mode). A-B transportation and minimalist / utilitarian vehicles are simply unacceptable in this day and age. Just more fuel for the entitlement mentality that the US seems to propagate sadly.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-16-2018),Eggman (01-15-2018)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    CR should stick to rating blenders.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-16-2018)