Thread: 2015 mitsubishi mirage rear bumper!! Can't find them anywhere!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 mitsubishi mirage rear bumper!! Can't find them anywhere!

I need help I can't find any replacement rear bumper! I need one asap!

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi damn link doesn't work. Try car-part.com
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-16-2018 at 09:52 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-16-2018)

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    A new bumper cover is $230. That's a good deal on a new OEM part if shipping isn't outrageous. Why mess with used at that price?

Name:  bumper.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  51.2 KB

OEM Rear Bumper Cover

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-17-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The OEM cover may not come painted.

So, what happened?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also, depending on the condition of the used bumper, it could be cheaper to repaint it than a new one. Most used parts need a resurface of the paint only and is painted over. While new bumper covers will need a primer and while nine yards, costing much more in the end. If you can get used for reasonable, that's the way to go.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A new bumper cover will not come painted and will need some prep, primer and paint. If you don't care about appearance, you could just throw it on the car right out of the box.

If I found a used bumper cover in perfect shape that was painted the same color as my car, I'd be all over it. But I would have to personally inspect it before I paid for it. I don't seem to have the same definition of "mint original" as most salvage yards do.

I've been down this road trying to save a few dollars. Most of the used bumper covers I found needed prep work and they weren't that much cheaper than a new one. If you're relying on a salvage yard to remove it carefully, that often doesn't happen and they scratch it up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

I agree, it can be hard to find mint used parts. I'd say they don't exist unless you find a yard that specializes in only high end cars. There are a lot of people who handle the car before it even gets to the salvage yard who could care less about scratching it. It's been towed at least 2-3 times by who knows... Then depending on the yard, likely moved around with a loader or forklift, then the dismantler may or may not care either and often cut a wiring harness inches from a plug leaving it on the car, or cutting ebrake cables and brake lines rendering them useless when pulling a rear diff. Both of those things drove me crazy. But typically where I worked when you buy a bumper, it comes with the rebar, emblems, license plate lights, screws and clips. When you buy new you have to buy every piece individually.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-17-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...where I worked when you buy a bumper, it comes with the rebar, emblems, license plate lights, screws and clips.
    When you buy new you have to buy every piece individually.
    That's a great point. When someone says "bumper" to me, I assume bumper cover. But maybe axeldsm1 needs the whole bumper?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The "part grade" column on three of the four bumper covers listed on Carpart say they are pretty much perfect. That is what the "A" and "0" mean. Part grade is "A", and it requires "0" hours of repair work.

If it said "A" and ".5", then it would need half an hour of buffing, touch-up, etc. If it said "B" and "2", then it would need two hours of repair, etc.

"A0" would pretty much be an insurance-grade part. Keep in mind these are late model cars, and the rear bumper is much less likely to have damage than the front.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Wallythacker (01-18-2018)