Thread: Solution to Glove box USB suddenly stopping.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Solution to Glove box USB suddenly stopping.

I’ve been driving my 2015 Mirage DE for over a year, bought it at 28k miles and put on about 11k so far. I’ve always used the USB adapter in the glove box to play music and charge my iPhone, but last week it stopped working for audio, charging still worked however.

When I would plug in my phone it showed it was connected, I would go to the USB/iPod function on the stereo and it would function as usual, I could skip songs, select songs and playlists, however it played from my phone.

Figure it was a fuse problem. Had time the other night to take a look, on the passenger compartment fuse panel, fuses 25 & 26, Radio and Electronic controlled unit, are held in together with a yellow plastic piece. At first I was frustrated because I couldn’t remove the fuses completely to check them out, but I pulled the yellow piece out which disconnected the fuses, and pushed it back in place. Went in for the night and didn’t test it out after doing that but in the morning my USB audio was back to normal!!

If you have any issues with audio just check out the passenger fuse compartment and pull the yellow thing out so that the fuses aren’t inserted but they won’t remove completely so you just gotta pull it out a bit and push it back in.

Worth a shot if you suddenly face a problem as it take 10 seconds and $0.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ave For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (01-20-2018),Alex1a1f (01-20-2018),Eggman (01-20-2018),Marklovski (01-20-2018)