Thread: Holy Heated Seats WITH the Manual and Large Sunroof?! Overseas Options Rule!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Holy Heated Seats WITH the Manual and Large Sunroof?! Overseas Options Rule!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9bQ8I-8YXU

2. The Following User Says Thank You to djkenny For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (01-21-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also like how the rear headrests are smaller and don't need to be removed to lower the seat backs. Heated seats are an easy install atleast, sunroof not so much.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I also like how the rear headrests are smaller and don't need to be removed to lower the seat backs. Heated seats are an easy install atleast, sunroof not so much.
    and I am always weary of adding an aftermarket sunroof. Prefer to just buy a car equipped from the factory with one. Interesting about the headrests. I wonder if it is to meet different safety standards? Rear vision can be tight on little hatches with small rear windows. Or sedans. Or, just about 90% of New cars it seems.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    Rear vision can be tight on little hatches with small rear windows.
    I rarely have rear-seat passengers, so I usually just keep the rear headrests in the rear footwell. They can be put back in a few seconds, in the rare instance I have rear-seat passengers. Otherwise, they're out of my field of vision.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    I rarely have rear-seat passengers, so I usually just keep the rear headrests in the rear footwell. They can be put back in a few seconds, in the rare instance I have rear-seat passengers. Otherwise, they're out of my field of vision.
    You could fully block rear window as far as im concerned. With rear cam for parking and side mirrors for everything else I'm good to go.
    Its odd though that North American cars don't have the center headrest in the rear. Likely due to the vision/safety requirements djkenny mentioned. (just like our oddly bent pass side wiper arm which is not on the car in video)
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    You could fully block rear window as far as im concerned. With rear cam for parking and side mirrors for everything else I'm good to go.
    Its odd though that North American cars don't have the center headrest in the rear. Likely due to the vision/safety requirements djkenny mentioned. (just like our oddly bent pass side wiper arm which is not on the car in video)
    2 worst were the Prius C and the Kia Rio I drove whilst testing economy cars. Style has taken over function, granted sometimes it is in the name of aerodynamics often too I am sure.

The Mirage Hatch and G4 were actually one of the easiest to see out of.

But until 2017, they did not have rear view cameras to compensate any of these cars unless you got mid to upper level trims. I was looking at all Base models. Rio, Prius C, and Mirage (to an extent, missed the boat on a good manual SE model with standard rear camera, not even offered in stick anymore for SE).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    While a cloth retractable roof panel has it's own appeal it makes break-ins easier.

And contrary to the video reviewers comments I find the interior headroom more than adequate and wish the roofline were a little lower for improved aerodynamics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    While a cloth retractable roof panel has it's own appeal it makes break-ins easier.

And contrary to the video reviewers comments I find the interior headroom more than adequate and wish the roofline were a little lower for improved aerodynamics.
    The front head room is for me. I find the roofline where it curves by my head irritating. Like my hair is always tapping the headliner on the edge.

I really like panoramic sunroofs. More secure. Preferably manual power for me.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    and I am always weary of adding an aftermarket sunroof. Prefer to just buy a car equipped from the factory with one. Interesting about the headrests. I wonder if it is to meet different safety standards? Rear vision can be tight on little hatches with small rear windows. Or sedans. Or, just about 90% of New cars it seems.
    In many, but not all places, you don't legally need a rearview mirror. You can tint 0% if you want. Think cargo vans, buses, commercial vehicles. No rear view is present because they're not needed. Or of any use.

Can someone tell me what is mounted on her windshield to the right of the mirror ?

I like her review. Finally someone reviews the car who understands it's strengths and how it shines! Nice job girl!

One last thing. Can you believe Nissan has the gall to change something like $225 for that black chunk of cardboard that covers up the luggage area in the Micra! Are you kidding me? LOL. Suckers.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I find the headroom in this car to be very good. If you want to rub the hair off the side of your head, try driving a Nissan Micra or Chevy Colorado truck.
    This review was entirely honest and well done.
    The Mirage is not for everyone but it works for me.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)