Thread: Fan airflow Climate control vs. Manual AC

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Fan airflow Climate control vs. Manual AC

Now that the heating issue is getting somewhere I thought I'd ask about the fans on the units. Does the manual AC unit and the Climate control unit have the same fan part #? (I wouldn't know where to look for this)

I think the 8 speeds of the climate control unit is far better in terms of granularity but something tells me the climate control fan has a higher CFM, perhaps 20% higher?

Does anyone have a small anemometer they care to use to check the airflow?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    They did change the actual fan part number in 2017 in the US. Is that because they dropped the auto climate control from the base model? I doubt it because 2017 SE model (ES is base) has auto climate control.

2014-2015 fan PN: 7802A249
    2017 fan PN: 7802A247

It is interesting to note that the 'new' part number is actually numerically lower. This would indicate to me that it is already being used somewhere. However, the cross reference on mitsubishipartsonline shows it only used on the Mirage.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)