Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY! Clutch cable remove & replace

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    BTW, is there any aftermarket clutch cable that can be used instead of the OEM from Mitsu?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 26.3 mpg (US) ... 11.2 km/L ... 8.9 L/100 km ... 31.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    mitsumi nice write-up.

Good thing Mitsubishi built this car light haha. I've pushed my Speck and found it easy to push around.

There is a thread here on the forum by Alpha_One called HOW TO: Adjust clutch engagement point - Mitsubishi Mirage / Space Star It's one of the earliest threads on the forum, dating back to February of 2013. Alpha_One put up some great photos (like yourself ). It's an easy step-by-step tutorial. Throughout the short thread other members include their knowledge and experience in setting a clutch.

Later on in the thread I found and posted the procedure from the service manual which is even simpler and more straightforward: Service manual: clutch adjuster

mitsumi I'm not sure if you have a copy of the service manual. It is available online and the adjustment procedure (among other things...) is covered.

The adjustment is very simple but I suggest that it could have saved your clutch cable from falling apart. I wonder if the clutch adjustment was set to that when your clutch pedal was at it's end of travel, it was pulling hard on the clutch throwout bearing instead of the clutch pedal resting on the floor of the passenger compartment. Putting that much tension on on the clutch cable could lead to it separating the way it did. Can't tell for sure at this point so it's all speculation.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us all.
    That's awesome there is a service manual. Is there one for 17s?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    That's awesome there is a service manual. Is there one for 17s?
    I haven't heard of one. If you can find one let us know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-10-2018)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    @Pryme
    i think its still the same setup for the 17s. not unless they changed to an hydraulic clutch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 26.3 mpg (US) ... 11.2 km/L ... 8.9 L/100 km ... 31.6 mpg (Imp)