Page 41 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    InfraRed 2015, DE M/T. $10,000 USD before dealer fees, 11k after. Got it monday, brand new.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shiggydiggy45 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggydiggy45 View Post
    InfraRed 2015, DE M/T. $10,000 USD before dealer fees, 11k after. Got it monday, brand new.
    Nice! Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    My dad was in the hot rod scene in Southern California in the 70s. The cars he had when I was growing up: 1930's Ford Coupe, 1930's Ford Cabriolet (chopped and channeled, the most uncomfortable car I've ever been in), 1966 Ford Mustang, and a 1956 Ford pickup. When he retired, he bought a brand new Dodge turbo-diesel pickup and loves not having to work on it. Loves the AC, loves the ride, just loves it.

There's pros and cons about both old cars and new cars. Old cars can often last just as long, but require far more maintenance to do so. However, the vehicles were often simpler, and therefore, the maintenance performed was also simpler, and often at a low cost. Grease the chassis, adjust the valves, etc. Example: http://www.vw-resource.com/maintenance.html

With newer cars, the build quality is generally much higher, the tolerances tighter, and they often last 100-200k miles without a whole lot of major maintenance. However, when the maintenance does happen, it's often far costlier. I do like to work on my own vehicles, and compared to any other car I've seen out there today, the Mirage has the best and easiest to access engine compartment. Helps that the battery is about as big as the engine.

Today, more than ever, time is money. Personally, I'd rather have a modern car that just works and works and works, and then someday down the road I'll need to maintain, than to have to constantly fiddle with stuff to make it work right. That's why I have a currently not-running 1984 Ranger in my driveway. Pretty sure it's the fuel pump (a cheap $35), but I just haven't had time to look at it.

Everyone is different, and there is no such thing as the perfect car. Just the perfect car for you. Your needs and your wants. I'm pretty sure we're all awesome enough around here to want everyone to have the right car for them, even if it's not a Mirage.
    We need an Epic Post sticky thread for posts like this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I hope it does last then. Car Reports tells a story though, if you care to look them up (for most vehicles now-a-days). Jeeps/Chrysler (fiat) and Hyundai/Kia have bad problems with certain vehicles right now. Toyota aren't too well off over 100k right now either... I'll see how well this car performs over Florida's Rainy Summer this year. If it keeps up maybe I'll get the BC coil overs and a few other things and keep it. I had a Buick I was fixing up and it was like a rolling LazyBoy Recliner on air ride with a plush interior and good power, but some dope head hit me head on and totaled it. :/ I like how nimble the Mirage is. If I can get the larger rotors and stiffer rear springs from the 2017, the I probably would keep it. The air box needs to be sealed up though. I would like to improve/replace/mod the AC condenser too :P

I was going to look into trading my car, but my wife's started throwing codes now as of today that aren't cheap :/ We have already put a **** ton of money into her 2004 escape 3.0
    Last edited by HitShane; 06-06-2016 at 06:25 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2015 Red Mirage ES, ...$10249

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    2015 Red Mirage ES, ...$10249
    You got one hell of a deal!!! Enjoy!!!!
    Did you get 5MT or CVT?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    You got one hell of a deal!!! Enjoy!!!!
    Did you get 5MT or CVT?
    CVT

I love this little car!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    CVT

I love this little car!
    They are fun to drive!! Still love mine after 2 years now. 27,000 miles, no problems at all, and my mpg keeps getting better! I would have picked up a 2015 last month when we replaced our Kia Sportage, but we had to get an SUV, so went with a 2016 outlander Sport with the 5MT. Not quite as fun to drive as the Mirage, but it is huge compared to it, getting mid 30's mpg so far. Mitsu makes some pretty solid vehicles. Enjoy your new ride!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcat For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    They are fun to drive!! Still love mine after 2 years now. 27,000 miles, no problems at all, and my mpg keeps getting better! I would have picked up a 2015 last month when we replaced our Kia Sportage, but we had to get an SUV, so went with a 2016 outlander Sport with the 5MT. Not quite as fun to drive as the Mirage, but it is huge compared to it, getting mid 30's mpg so far. Mitsu makes some pretty solid vehicles. Enjoy your new ride!
    Been wondering how the 2.0 with the 5 speed MT is to drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (07-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Been wondering how the 2.0 with the 5 speed MT is to drive.
    Drive one...you will be sold.
    Plenty of power to move it along. Had to find a big hill to stop on to try out the hill start assist the other day. It is amazing. Just holds you there without rolling back at all! Hope to get around 40mpg when it gets broken in. I think this is doable since we are getting mid 30's now with only 1,000 miles on it so far. It did take the Mirage quite a few miles to break in, the other night going to work it said average mpg was 53.2. Good enough for me!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcat For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-15-2016)