Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But I paid 3k more for that with 11k more miles. Plus gap insurance... Sigh... F it. Almost brand new car with all the options minus rf for less thank 10k. Lol. Next one is a quick cash sale one ... Manual with NO options. Give the nice one to my girl

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well.......Not sure if I'll be getting my Mirage now. The seller refunded my $1,000 deposit thru PayPal, and sent me a note that said, "sorry for the inconvenience, but we never placed that car ad. We started to, but cancelled it. We have contacted Ebay about why it wasn't cancelled." I also got an email from Ebay that said. "Your order was cancelled due to the item being out of stock". I smell a dead fish here.Something tells me he didn't get as much as he wanted from the bidding, and decided to keep the car. I don't understand why buyers are always told they are under contact to buy, if they bid. Shouldn't sellers be under contract to sell? Why did the ad run for a week or more, if it was "canceled". Can't seem to find any way to contact Ebay directly by phone, or email. Just a list of FAQ. Nothing that covers an issue like this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's terrible

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    That's terrible
    Feeling better about your deal now? LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like nothing can be done. I looked on the Ebay community forum, and it seems stuff like this happens all the time. Seller doesn't get the price they were hoping for, cancels the order, refunds money, and Ebay figures no harm, no foul since customer got their money back. According to the regs, an ad can't be cancelled after bids start coming in, or 12 hours before the auction is over, but.... a seller can cancel the order for a reason like "out of stock", which is what they did to me. Guess I keep looking.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    It must not be that hard to cancel a car auction because nearly every one I see on Ebay has some general disclaimer that reads something like "This car is for sale locally and I reserve the right to end the auction at any time."

I'm not sure how "proper" that is, but I see people doing it all the time.

Don't get discouraged...just keep looking. There are plenty of deals still out there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Well.......Not sure if I'll be getting my Mirage now.
    Let me tell you why I don't care for eBay. A few years back I bid on a Great Southern Car with promises that it's ready to travel across the country - come on down and get it. "Just get a one-way plane ticket!" I was told.

With a friend to help, I drove from Northeast Ohio to rural North Carolina only to find a rusted out piece of junk. Having driven so many miles just to get there I took it for a test drive - exhaust fumes in the passenger compartment really was the last straw - so strong that I knew I would likely *not* make (survive) the trip home.

Upon return from the test drive I was pretty upset when I told the seller I wouldn't be buying his car. In turn, he threatened to leave the dreaded 'negative feedback' since I was reneging on the auction. I told him to go right ahead, I would leave my own feedback on how he misrepresented the auction.

Boy was I steamed. Shame on me for being so naive.

I see that some things haven't changed lol. Anymore, I avoid using eBay unless I can't get it anywhere else.

Years ago eBay deleted a bunch of inactive accounts - I never renewed mine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    There is a white one on there now, about the same deal. There was another silver one the other day, even cheaper, think it didn't meet reserve. Always seem to be some for sale in that price range.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You're in Ohio. Look up hertz rental. In boston, they are selling them on the CHEEEP

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    You're in Ohio. Look up hertz rental. In boston, they are selling them on the CHEEEP
    Hertz lists six of 'em in Woodhaven Michigan - all 2015 DE CVTs.

Interestingly, they list the VIN. With that, we can look up how they are equipped.

Monroney: ML32A3HJ4FH049087

Sorry I'm unable to include the Monroney window sticker pdf file as an attachment. For some reason, the forum software won't allow it. Perhaps the file is too large.

In any case, try the Mitsubishi Monroney service with your own Mirage VIN to get an electronic pdf copy of your window sticker. Also helpful when shopping around - just get the VIN and plug it in.

And get the alignment checked!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (11-29-2016)