Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I went outside to take a look. I mixed the Goodyear snow tires I want to purchase with the Bridgestone Potenza which are currently mounted. As far as I can tell without measurement, the alignment is good. All tires are worn evenly and the car is keeping the line while driving as well when stopping.

The exchanged front tires have at least 10k miles on it.
    Rear (Enasave)
    Name:  rear.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  94.9 KB
    Front (Bridgestone Potenza)
    Name:  front.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  100.2 KB

Service Record as on file with Mitsubishi:
    05/09/2016 25833 Campaign Claim REFLASH ECU
    02/11/2016 20159 Campaign Claim INSPECT CONNECTOR C212 FOR CORROSION = OK

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome!!!!!!!! So has the car been service? And do they provide a service record for the history on it? Can you put a Mitsubishi warranty on it? Because I was thinking about buying one from them in March.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InTim View Post
    ...As far as I can tell without measurement, the alignment is good.
    ...tires are worn evenly and the car is keeping the line while driving as well when stopping.
    The existing tire wear does look normal and that's a good sign. However, if everything is OK...why have 2 of the original Enasaves been replaced? That doesn't absolutely mean there's an issue, but that's enough to make you scratch your head and wonder why.

A 4-wheel alignment check is almost a requirement on these cars to make sure you don't have a rare case of a rear axle out of spec. Personally, I would pony up the $89 and go get a 4-wheel alignment done now.

If you haven't seen this thread yet that explains the potential problem, check it out here: Some Mirage rear axles are out of spec

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Can you put a Mitsubishi warranty on it? Because I was thinking about buying one from them in March.
    The vehicle is covered under the 5year/60k Mitsubishi as well as 12month/12k Hertz warranty. I don't have the actual service reports, but Hertz maintenance provided these to Mitsubishi so that I can see them in my account at Mitsubishi's website.

Top Fuel, thank you for the explanation. I'll have it checked with the next service because the next dealer is 100 miles away.
    I'm a bit shocked about this issue. My Kia Picanto in Germany was driven over stairs and traffic islands with some speed, resulting in bursting tires etc. but without any problems with the alignment. Indestructible, like a common third world car should be.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The existing tire wear does look normal and that's a good sign. However, if everything is OK...why have 2 of the original Enasaves been replaced? That doesn't absolutely mean there's an issue, but that's enough to make you scratch your head and wonder why.

A 4-wheel alignment check is almost a requirement on these cars to make sure you don't have a rare case of a rear axle out of spec. Personally, I would pony up the $89 and go get a 4-wheel alignment done now.

If you haven't seen this thread yet that explains the potential problem, check it out here: Some Mirage rear axles are out of spec
    I am on my second set of 185/55 15 tires on my car. I rotated the first set until they went out of balance. This set I'm going to leave the front tires until they die, then just replace the fronts. The fronts wear very fast due to the short wheelbase, quick turns, and my heavy braking. The car basically feels like it rides on the front wheels alone. I also trail brake into corners and accelerate out of them. I won't be rotating this set and the rear will far outlast the fronts... I would rather replace two, than rotate and have all 4 tires beat up.
    Last edited by HitShane; 12-15-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InTim View Post
    ...I'll have it checked with the next service because the next dealer is 100 miles away.
    ...My Kia Picanto in Germany was driven over stairs and traffic islands with some speed, resulting in bursting tires etc. but without any problems with the alignment. Indestructible, like a common third world car should be.
    I don't want to over-state the issue and freak you out. This concern is not common. 95% of us here do not have a problem. The rear suspension is pretty durable. It's just that a small percentage of rear axles ended up tweaked a certain way from the factory...and it causes the rear tires to wear out at an accelerated rate.

I would have expected a fleet like Hertz to keep the tires rotated so that they all wore evenly...but maybe they just change the oil and replace tires when they wear out?!? If they never rotated the tires and you don't have an alignment problem, the fronts would have worn out first (as HitShane explained above)...which could explain your situation. And tire shops generally don't stock Enasaves...which may explain how your car ended up with Potenzas on the front.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got one from Hertz too, in Denver. White 2015 DE with CVT and 26,500 miles for $7700 after tax and title. It had a good carfax report showing maintenance about every 8,000 miles and new brake shoes and pads put on before it got put up for sale. It has the Enasaves with about 5mm tread. I have really enjoyed driving it the last couple weeks. Averaging about 42 mpg.

It did have a bit of a funky smell, kind of a mix of BO and cigarette smoke but with some ozium, coffee grinds, my own hockey gear left over night after some games, and baking soda, it's been replaced by my own wonderful aroma :-) It does have what looks like a repaired cigarette burn in the drivers seat, but otherwise clean inside and some small nicks and and scratches on the outside.

It has 5W-30 in it now. I plan on taking it to the dealer soon to get some 0W-20 put in, tires rotated and have the rear alignment checked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.9 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.7 mpg (Imp)

Belated welcome to the forum, opencage!

I would have assumed all rental vehicles were no-smoking zones these days. Or maybe they're just supposed to be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks!

Yeah, I know for sure it's a rule, but I think it may be why it was the same price as other similar Mirages that had 30k+ miles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.9 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup after reading the 3500 rebate post, I paid WAY too much for mine with 33k.. Fml

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)