Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I want to post this so people know what kind of margin is available on these cars.

Now granted, I bought two of them but we got each SE 5spd for 10,500.
    The only extras were TTL. So for us it was 11,300 OTD each. I did a week plus of hard negotiations online only.

And we drove 270mi each way to get these cars but we have family we wanted to visit near the dealership so it was a win-win.
    What is TTL? Tax/Title/Lic I assume?

I was hoping to get a new SE for under 11 grand. With tax, license, and fee was it still a bit under 11 grand? I want a standard 5 speed with an accessory armrest, maybe a cargo net with rubber mat, too.

That touch screen on this level, what doe sit include besides a back up camera? Pandora or Navigation? Or does Navigation only come on the GT? I would love to get heated seats, it seems that option is only on the GT, though(?) However, at $10.500 for the SE, I imagine the GT might be doable under 12 grand? I am not stoked about the CVT, though.

Curious what tax cost ended up being on a $10500 car, as well. There is no state tax in my city. Aside from maybe $100 for an armrest, I might be looking at closer to 11 grand out the door without a tax fee.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post

I was hoping to get a new SE for under 11 grand. With tax, license, and fee was it still a bit under 11 grand? I want a standard 5 speed with an accessory armrest, maybe a cargo net with rubber mat, too.

That touch screen on this level, what doe sit include besides a back up camera? Pandora or Navigation? Or does Navigation only come on the GT? I would love to get heated seats, it seems that option is only on the GT, though(?) However, at $10.500 for the SE, I imagine the GT might be doable under 12 grand? I am not stoked about the CVT, though.

Curious what tax cost ended up being on a $10500 car, as well. There is no state tax in my city. Aside from maybe $100 for an armrest, I might be looking at closer to 11 grand out the door without a tax fee.

djkenny: There are two manual SE's (both wine red) not too far from you in the Tri-Cities.

http://www.leskovar.com/new/Mitsubis...35c8de73f3.htm

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I can help with all your questions as I just went through all of this.

Yes TTL is tax title licence. If you have no state tax that is going to save you 700-1k or so!!

Ours were 10,500 plus TTL so 11,300 out the door each.

I would also like the center armrest. It's 138 on amazon. I'm getting them plus for the extra storage.

We would have gotten the GT for mainly the heated seats but you can't get a manual with the GT and a cvt was never an option for us.
    I could get heated seats installed and may still.

The radio is excellent!! I would say it's even better than the toyota entune set up in my 16 Tundra that is about 4 times the mirage's price. It just integrates very nice with my android and my wife's iPhone.
    It uses Google maps through my phones gps and puts it on the screen with its own look. It works exceptional and is perfect.
    I can also play Spotify simply too as I downloaded on my phone. It's basically an extension of your phone.
    I also used my ipod on it and it works awesome.

Hope that helps

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I can help with all your questions as I just went through all of this.

Yes TTL is tax title licence. If you have no state tax that is going to save you 700-1k or so!!

Ours were 10,500 plus TTL so 11,300 out the door each.

I would also like the center armrest. It's 138 on amazon. I'm getting them plus for the extra storage.

We would have gotten the GT for mainly the heated seats but you can't get a manual with the GT and a cvt was never an option for us.
    I could get heated seats installed and may still.

The radio is excellent!! I would say it's even better than the toyota entune set up in my 16 Tundra that is about 4 times the mirage's price. It just integrates very nice with my android and my wife's iPhone.
    It uses Google maps through my phones gps and puts it on the screen with its own look. It works exceptional and is perfect.
    I can also play Spotify simply too as I downloaded on my phone. It's basically an extension of your phone.
    I also used my ipod on it and it works awesome.

Hope that helps
    So, I went and test drove one pretty much the way I wanted it. SE, 5 speed, nothing else.

Asked $12500, I offered $10,400. Nothing came out of it.

I found it loud. I got it to 49 MPG on the freeway, that was cool.

But I really do not want to step down to the DE, and I want to get a new one under 11 grand.

So... I will wait.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djkenny For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-26-2017),HitShane (03-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, I went and test drove one pretty much the way I wanted it. SE, 5 speed, nothing else.

Asked $12500, I offered $10,400. Nothing came out of it.

I found it loud. I got it to 49 MPG on the freeway, that was cool.

But I really do not want to step down to the DE, and I want to get a new one under 11 grand.

So... I will wait.
    Do it! I waited until the last week of the year and got $7k off of my new Outlander Sport.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    My family just got a white Space Star 2017 with CVT on 27 March 2017. The sticker price was SGD $83,149 (USD $59,639). The underlying car price was SGD $15,000 (USD $10,758). The rest of the sticker price was tax.

Wow. The government really wants to discourage people buying cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You paid 60k U.S dollars for the Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Seems like a government decision:

In Singapore, Making Cars Unaffordable Has Only Made Them More Desirable

A paltry 15 percent of the city-state's population owns their own vehicle, but not by choice.

https://www.citylab.com/transportati...esirable/5931/
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 03-30-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: (added quote)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    You paid 60k U.S dollars for the Mirage?
    We have to look at the tax as an altruistic charitable contribution to society. It helps the government balance her budget, run a surplus and spend generously on public transport infrastructure.

I enjoy using our public transport everyday. My parents prefer to drive a car.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alvinkiang For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-30-2017)