Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinkiang View Post
    We have to look at the tax as an altruistic charitable contribution to society. It helps the government balance her budget, run a surplus and spend generously on public transport infrastructure.

I enjoy using our public transport everyday. My parents prefer to drive a car.
    I wish the USA would invest more in all kinds of transportation infra. From better bicycle facilities, to pedestrian, train, bus, high speed rail etc. If only we could tax our gas even a decent amount to help maintaining even the most basic of basic needs.

I have a feeling 60k is very different than American dollars, though?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No thanks to the taxes! If public transit and bike paths are so great, then people will pay for them.

Electric cars solve the pollution problem, so in 10 or so years, there's no longer the "environment" excuse. Just health, which basically would mean no trains, subways or buses either.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    No thanks to the taxes! If public transit and bike paths are so great, then people will pay for them.

Electric cars solve the pollution problem, so in 10 or so years, there's no longer the "environment" excuse. Just health, which basically would mean no trains, subways or buses either.
    Not meant to argue whatsoever, but we actually pay half of the auto infra with General Funds, not from taxes at the pump or Registration. There is a reason why driving costs a lot in many developed countries. They pay for more of the actual costs of driving. Bike infra is barely 1% of transportation budgets, and people ride a bike.. they more than pay for it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 Times in 836 Posts
    OK, let's nip this in the bud.

Nothing gets people riled up like talking about taxes.

So let's just drop that part of the discussion please.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-30-2017),inuvik (03-30-2017)