Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Most ads will stack up all available discounts. For Mitsubishi, this means everything shown on the Mits web site plus there is a $500 discount available.

The extra $500 is what my dealer called a "corporate discount" which is something like the discount employees of the manufacturer get when they buy a car. The dealer has to "qualify" someone for this program. From what I understand, someone from an "approved" employer can personally get the discount and sponsor up to 2 additional people. The dealer can make you one of these 2 people, if they have signed forms from the employee of the approved company. Basically, they can use it at their option, if they need to make a price to get a sale.

Many company Credit Unions will advertise this as a "company discount" to their company employees. Employees generally just have to show some proof that they work for the company to get the discount. They sign a discount for that gives the dealer the right to use it for up to 2 additional people - in the small print.

People getting the discount don't care, as it doesn't cost them anything for others to get the discount and dealers often use this as a way to get friends and family members to buy a car by offering them the discount if they mention the qualifying individual's name.

As people who buy cars regularly know, the bottom line price is never the bottom line price and the dealer never loses money on whatever deal is reached.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Most ads will stack up all available discounts. For Mitsubishi, this means everything shown on the Mits web site plus there is a separate $500 discount available.

The extra $500 is what my dealer called a "corporate discount" which is something like the discount employees of the manufacturer get when they buy a car. The dealer has to "qualify" someone for this program. From what I understand, someone from an "approved" employer can personally get the discount and sponsor up to 2 additional people. The dealer can make you one of these 2 people, if they have signed forms from the employee of the approved company. Basically, they can use it at their option, if they need to make a price to get a sale.

Many company Credit Unions will advertise this as a "company discount" to their company employees. Employees generally just have to show some proof that they work for the company to get the discount. They sign a discount for that gives the dealer the right to use it for up to 2 additional people - in the small print.

People getting the discount don't care, as it doesn't cost them anything for others to get the discount and dealers often use this as a way to get friends and family members to buy a car by offering them the discount if they mention the qualifying individual's name.

As people who buy cars regularly know, the bottom line price is never the bottom line price and the dealer never loses money on whatever deal is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Well to chime into this thread. I paid WAAAAAY too much for mine....

I got it for free
    OK, need more info. Spill the beans.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I will be checking this out - looking for the base model:
    Any news? I'm curious to know what the "dealer invoice" amt is on the base car, if they showed it to you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Any news? I'm curious to know what the "dealer invoice" amt is on the base car, if they showed it to you.
    Nothing yet. I was busy on the weekend but sent them an email asking. They said they are working on it and would let me know. I might find the time to get down there tomorrow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    OK, need more info. Spill the beans.
    My mother won it
    She doesn't drive, my father only drives once or twice a year. So I was next in line

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistah JT For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-22-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My mother won it
    She doesn't drive, my father only drives once or twice a year. So I was next in line
    My wife's getting hers for "free" too
    Financing on my wife's credit line to get a car in her name since her last car was in her dads name. I've cosigned on it so that if she pulls any **** it'll default to my name. Her credit line caused an 18% interest rate since it's in the ****ter, but I told her if she wanted help this was the ONLY way I would since I knew damn well where the money would be going.
    My information's on the paperwork as "guarantee" and nothing more to the financing company (spoke with their financing supervisor over the phone and made sure of it before I signed a damned thing.)

ES Manual with Fog Lights, Power Windows, and Locks, Bluetooth hands free, stock stereo system, cargo package, side skirts, illumination package, and push button ignition cost her a total of 18k out the door with a 200 cash/800 old car trade in value.

I'll be refinancing it for her after we hit 6mo to a year and that'll drop it dramatically. I'll probably wait a year since I had no payments for forty days, and also extended the payment date from the 5th to the 28th so that i could set aside three months of payments in advance ^_^
    It's all about paying on the capital but she doesn't know anything about all this so if she wants help then here's her shot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

My mother won it
    You lucky dog.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    You lucky dog.
    Hehe
    It came at a perfect time, as I was looking around for a smaller car to relearn manual in, and help save some fuel. I use to pay around 90 every 2 weeks and under, now I pay $40 every 3+ weeks.
    And I love manual

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I paid $12900 Out the door price for Mirage 2014 ES CVT in Cerritos CA, there is a dealer in Glendale CA willing to sell for $12800 but its an hour away from where i live. Advice: don't ever go to dealers and negotiate with them, just deal with them through email. if you are at a dealer , you're stuck with one dealer. if you are negotiating online, you can negotiate with many dealers at once.