Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    I have read in FL they add a lot of doc fees and other fees. I am curious if this was another $1000-1500 when all was said and done?
    They do! FL is the worst state for those kinds of shenanigans

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammer878 View Post
    Bought my 2017 SE brand new with 14 miles on it for $13,860 out the door! Credit isn't great at all and got it for $245 a month for 72 months. I love this car so far and think it's gonna last me a long time!
    I got my 2017 SE for a little less than this out the door also.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    I got my 2017 SE for a little less than this out the door also.
    Man. I might want to seriously consider the left over Kia Rio LX. They are 11 grand OTD. 138 hp, 40 mpg, more substancial. I have been hounding my Mitsu dealer to get the SE model for about 3 months. No Dice at under 11k. Getting frustrated. Other states, I see them sell under 11k often. Weird.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man. I might want to seriously consider the left over Kia Rio LX. They are 11 grand OTD.
    Not here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MNMirage84 View Post
    Yea, I had about $1500 in extra incentives (they actually let you stack them...a lot of manufacturers won't). $500 military, $500 for being a Saturn owner, and $500 because I had a friend that worked for one of the companies that qualified for the discount (US Bank, 3m, UPS, etc)
    How much Total with TTL after the Rebates?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Djkenny you need to travel for the deals. Just do it already lol. Pen the deal via email and phone and fly one way out usually 1 way tickets are 100-150.00

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    How much Total with TTL after the Rebates?
    Pryme has a point, and every deal is different. Who knows - you might be able to deal better than anyone here!

It'll be cool to see what you come up with. Go for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Choices: Mirage or Kia Rio

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Djkenny you need to travel for the deals. Just do it already lol. Pen the deal via email and phone and fly one way out usually 1 way tickets are 100-150.00

I found one $11,250 3 hr drive SE model with the all weather mats and armrest. OTD.

But as I grew super impatient with the Mitsu dealers, I also shopped a few cars. I was requesting $10,500 OTD for a good 6 months! Kept being told I needed to qualify for rebates to even pay 12 grand.

Brand new Kia Rio with a 138 hp motor but no power windows, locks, blue tooth, or cruise control (cruise can be ordered on eBay for $94 inc shipping and it plus right in and goes on the steering wheel, no apple car play or back up camera. I could get PDL at a Car stereo or Car Toys place I assume.

So many dealers are clearing out 2017 cars right now that they are taking Losses. Even the iA Mazda designed toyota with 6 speed is 14 grand OTD now.

$11,000 OTD for the Kia Rio. Both cars have similar retail prices, but most people I talked to paid $13,000-17,000 for the same Rio new in the last 5 years. Most Mirage owners around $10,500-14k for the SE 5 speed OTD.

The Rio is a 6 speed manual 1.6 liter and I got it up to about 47 mpg at 55 mph. Really Peppy. Handled nice.Road nice. Has higher crash test scores in some areas. 4 wheel disc brakes. Shifted well, too. I liked that it has nicer fit and finish, better material inside, map pockets on the back of the seats (2), (2) visor mirrors. The switches felt more like a Corolla LE than an econo car. Unlike the G4 models, the sedan Rio has a rear seat that split folds.

The Mirage is a 5 speed 3 cylinder and I got 50.9 MPG at 55 mpg on the freeway. Has keyless entry and push button starting with a back up camera, power windows and locks. They both have height adjustable seats.

This is a tough call from a "features" perspective, but the Kia has the same warranty. Is quicker and handles better and has better resale (not that it is Honda Toyota level). ONLY thing was the outward vision. It frankly sucked out the back end. Has no back up camera.

I liked the looks of the Kia a lot. Audi designer did a nice job. (aside from the rear vision, real bad).

Reliability? I am not sure how they compare, but the owners with 50-70k miles seem happy with their Rio.

This is a tough one now that a Dealer FINALLY came back with an acceptable end of year price.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    djkenny, you have to buy what you like because you are the only one that's going to be living with the decision. To me, it appears that you prefer the Kia. That's fine.

As far as the Mirage goes, you have to like more about it than the price. If it is only about price, then you most likely will be disappointed. For me, it's all about fuel economy and about the fact that I had a 3 cylinder Geo Metro that I absolutely loved and the Mirage is the closest car you can get to the Metro today. Also, I prefer hatchbacks. I also like all the bells and whistles that come with the Mirage that are generally only available on cars that cost much more. But those are MY reasons. You have to have reasons of your own if you want the Mirage. Don't buy on price alone. I'm not trying to discourage you from buying a Mirage, I just want you to be happy with your purchase.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    djkenny, you have to buy what you like because you are the only one that's going to be living with the decision. To me, it appears that you prefer the Kia. That's fine.

As far as the Mirage goes, you have to like more about it than the price. If it is only about price, then you most likely will be disappointed. For me, it's all about fuel economy and about the fact that I had a 3 cylinder Geo Metro that I absolutely loved and the Mirage is the closest car you can get to the Metro today. Also, I prefer hatchbacks. I also like all the bells and whistles that come with the Mirage that are generally only available on cars that cost much more. But those are MY reasons. You have to have reasons of your own if you want the Mirage. Don't buy on price alone. I'm not trying to discourage you from buying a Mirage, I just want you to be happy with your purchase.
    Well Said. I am impressed with your Diplomacy, too.

I must admit that after typing my response I was thinking; "I am talking about other cars considered on a Mirage Forum". But then again, even Mirage owners that are on here likely enjoy talking about car stuff in general.

That being Said, my draw was similar. I owned an 87 Sprint Turbo (Suzuki 3 cylinder, predecessor rare sporty version of the Metro) from 1993-2010. LOVED the crap out of the car. It was also a Rocket, which, the Mirage certainly is NOT. but I loved it's small size, ease of parking, and the growly 3 cylinder. Brilliant car. Sold with 189k mostly trouble free miles. Turbo replacement was a good $1000 repair.

Anyway, I also rented a 2000 Metro and drove it clear from San Jose CA to Utah and while the motor screamed at 80 mph over night, I always had a desire to buy new stripped model for cheap back in the day. Love simple little cars. I love cars that can be parked super easily.

The Kia fell into my lap as an option sort of randomly, was not even looking at them. Was not even going to consider it until I took it on the freeway and achieved acceptable over 40 mpg figures. Then I started to consider it.

I think I need to sit and drive the Mirage. Really think out my needs one last trip in it. I do like all the features, and really seeing pretty well out of it too!