Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake warning light

Update: The driver told me the lights went out the other day on their own. That's good cause the dealer still hasn't called to say the new replacement cluster they ordered is in.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-12-2018)

Another update: the brake light is back on. The low washer fluid is on as well. The car is now just out of warranty, about 110k kms go figure....

Just for sharts I'm gonna hook up the scanner and see if it'll show any data from sensors that might trip the brake light or if any codes are stored.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

This is different from the car with the actual brake lights problem?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

This is the same car that had the brake warning light on the dash problem about a year ago. It was fine for a while and now it's acting up again. Drives fine just lights come on the dash.
    The car with traction control light and rear brake lights coming on is still at the dealer...;.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-28-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Update, I forgot about the car with the original brake warning light problem. It hasn't acted up lately or the driver it too stunned to say something. I'll look tomorrow if I remember.

I do have a 15' in the shop that has the brake warning light on the dash coming on and off. It is full of brake fluid and the e-brake is off. My bet is the wiring in the kick panel......

Yup..... the bottom of the lowest connector is corroded pretty badly :/ It's definately from salt water/ slush running through the carpet and onto the harness, then running down and to the connector. This is just a combination of terrible poorly thought out location of at least the bottom connector and the way they ran the harness is just asking for a problem. I guess all those recalls to deflect water away from the harness didn't help.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-04-2019 at 10:31 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-04-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fummins: If one has over priced WeatherTech floor mats containing all of the salt/slush/water one shouldn't experience this, correct ?
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Where is this harness you speak of? I always shake off my floor mat and water never leaves it. I also tap my shoes together before getting in but I'm super anal about that stuff lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigq View Post
    Fummins: If one has over priced WeatherTech floor mats containing all of the salt/slush/water one shouldn't experience this, correct ?
    No floor mat I am aware of covers that left side adequately. Some owners of the WeatherTechs put additional plastic to cover that spot.

I have not added anything to my WeatherTechs, and need to check this connector too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Same problem on this car. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...2001#post82001

On this latest car the carpet is worn down to the Styrofoam foot rest. Yes styrofoam.... Right where you rest your left foot.
    We don't have weathertech floor mats, do they cover up to the kick panel? It doesn't matter what we put in the cars, most drivers don't car about snow in the car cause it's not theirs. This probably won't be a problem for most but if you buy a used one from someone who didn't care this could be a problem down the road. Either way, I'd highly recomend relocating the one connector, it's pretty simple and doesn't take long, the biggest pain is getting the trim for the door sill back in place properly.
    Just unplug the connector, slide the part that stay's in the block forward a bit then it'll slide out towards the front of the car, there's one clip holding the harness to the connector block, just plug it back together and zip tie it up and out of the way and you should never have a problem. It's an easier to prevent the problem in the first place. I'll have to be doing this on all the cars as I get time. It would be way easier to explain with pics, I'll try to get some and post them one day. Or just look at the airbag thread, there's a few there.