Thread: New owner from Florida

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New owner from Florida

My name is Chris and two weeks ago picked up a 2018 Mirage ES 5sp. My last two cars were Audi A4’s and while I loved those cars I wasn’t happy with the mileage I was getting. I wanted something to drive back and forth to work that got good mileage. I have been supprised with the great mileage 40+ every trip and how well the car rides.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfnet1 View Post
    My name is Chris and two weeks ago picked up a 2018 Mirage ES 5sp. My last two cars were Audi A4’s and while I loved those cars I wasn’t happy with the mileage I was getting. I wanted something to drive back and forth to work that got good mileage. I have been supprised with the great mileage 40+ every trip and how well the car rides.
    Hello Malfnet1 and welcome to the forum. These little cars can have great fuel economy. A few tips include turning off automatic air conditioning control and upping the air pressure in your tires. Keep your speed in check and consider getting a device to monitor your instant fuel consumption. The first ones are free - the last one you can do with a smartphone and an OBD-II adapter.

I hope your dealer took good care of you. I understand R.C. Hill is a big dealer in Florida - is that where you got yours?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Malfnet1 and welcome to the forum. These little cars can have great fuel economy. A few tips include turning off automatic air conditioning control and upping the air pressure in your tires. Keep your speed in check and consider getting a device to monitor your instant fuel consumption. The first ones are free - the last one you can do with a smartphone and an OBD-II adapter.

I hope your dealer took good care of you. I understand R.C. Hill is a big dealer in Florida - is that where you got yours?
    I bought mine from Sport Mitsubishi in Orlando. They treated me pretty good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Malfnet1 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-26-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! Share some pics and ask questions. Lots of good info here on how to customize and care for our little cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Glad you could join us!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new Mirage!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, Chris!

Did you get kicked out of the Audi community when you told them what you bought??

Happy to have you here.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Chris!

Did you get kicked out of the Audi community when you told them what you bought??

Happy to have you here.

Darin
    I haven’t told them yet lol.