Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cvt failure at 223000kms / 138k miles (courier car, 2nd CVT failure in the fleet)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    It must work more like this:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I'm wondering if the cold Canadian winters are having an effect on the CVT's long term. There is this warning in the owners manual. Even though temps may not be -20C, they may be cold enough consistently enough to create some excessive wear due to lubrication issues.

Startability of continuously variable transmission(CVT) vehicles with an ambienttemperature of -4 °F (-20 °C) or lowerWhen the ambient temperature is -4 °F (-20°C) or lower, it may not be possible to startfrom a standstill even with the selector leverin the “D” (DRIVE) or “R” (REVERSE)position.This phenomenon occurs because the transaxlehas not warmed up sufficiently; it doesnot indicate a problem. If this occurs, placethe selector lever in the “P” (PARK) positionand let the engine idle for at least 10 minutes.The transaxle will warm up, and you will beable to start normally.Do not leave the vehicle during warm-upoperation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi, I am trying to find more info on the 2013 90.000km Mirage CVT transmission but I am not able to view your attachments. Any chance you can send these directly to my email? Have just started to notice the warning indicator comes on the dashboard and it sometime seem to slip when going uphill. But mainly when the engine gets very hot. We are located in Sydney Australia where the temperatures can reach 40 degrees! So any information that may relate to this would be appreciated. Tx