Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancer questions (considering getting one instead of a Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Lancer questions (considering getting one instead of a Mirage)

I know this is Mirage forum but I know there are previous or current Lancer owners lurking so thought I would ask here. There are numerous left over Lancers at the dealer and I've begun considering them over the Mirage for the greater power and features for not much more money. But here's my quandary...if I went the Lancer route, I'd really like a power sunroof, premium stereo and apple CarPlay. They have a few ES models that have the sunroof/Rockford fosgate stereo but lack CarPlay. Then they have numerous Limited Edition models that have sunroof, CarPlay, some nice interior touches (sport seats with red stitching, aluminum pedals, red stitched leather on wheel, shifter, handbrake, all black interior), and exterior black touches (roof, side mirrors, grille, and wheels are all black). I really like the Limited's interior and CarPlay but the base stereo sucks. So I guess I'm asking is it easy to upgrade the base stereo to the Rockford Fosgate; meaning can I just buy the sub and amp and just plug them in to existing wiring? Or would you just go for the ES that already has it and forget CarPlay?

Secondly, what's the mileage like on the CVT Lancer? Acceleration decent? Any downsides to this car other then it's ancient in style?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfreak09 View Post
    Secondly, what's the mileage like on the CVT Lancer? Acceleration decent? Any downsides to this car other then it's ancient in style?
    Been considering a Lancer myself. Apparently they are (also) as reliable as the sunrise. As far as styling goes, I do NOT think cars have gotten better looking in the last ten years. So the looks of the car are actually a plus to me. The new Civic, for example, is hideous.

I really wanted a 2016 Lancer GT with a manual, but missed the boat.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Or would you just go for the ES that already has it and forget CarPlay?
    This... I don't know how much you have messed with it, but I hate CarPlay. I am in rental cars every week and having to deal with that system makes me happy every time I get into my basic bluetooth Mirage.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Carfreak09 (02-28-2018),Eggman (02-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I agree with the styling comments. To me it looks like they are trying too hard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I agree with the styling comments. To me it looks like they are trying too hard.
    I'd disagree. The Lancer has styling that makes people think its a performance car and somewhat intimidating. With the Lancer it feels like they created the EVO first then dumbed it down a bit.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Been considering a Lancer myself. Apparently they are (also) as reliable as the sunrise. As far as styling goes, I do NOT think cars have gotten better looking in the last ten years. So the looks of the car are actually a plus to me. The new Civic, for example, is hideous.

I really wanted a 2016 Lancer GT with a manual, but missed the boat.
    Yea, I missed the boat there too. Saw a Lancer GT stick in silver with premium audio and leather last year around this time but it got snapped up pretty quick

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Yea, I missed the boat there too. Saw a Lancer GT stick in silver with premium audio and leather last year around this time but it got snapped up pretty quick
    I even had mine picked out...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I'd disagree. The Lancer has styling that makes people think its a performance car and somewhat intimidating. With the Lancer it feels like they created the EVO first then dumbed it down a bit.
    Right - I should have been more clear. I meant that I didn't care for the current styling trends at Toyota and Honda. I like the styling of the Lancer.

Posting from the little keyboard of my 'smart' phone has it's limitations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Right - I should have been more clear. I meant that I didn't care for the current styling trends at Toyota and Honda. I like the styling of the Lancer.

Posting from the little keyboard of my 'smart' phone has it's limitations.
    Oh. And yeah Toyota and Honda have some 'Safe' styling going on. Both have cars that look similar, heck even Cadillac made a car that looked like a Prius with a horrid grill.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have a real stereo put in at an audio shop that will blow the RF one away pretty easy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-28-2018)