Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accident

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    His excuse was "I didnt see them cuz their car is black." Yes, that was his excuse. So, he was probably playing with his phone.
    An investigation into phone records will prove that out. According to your pictures it looks like the Fusion had it's lights on. I wonder if both the truck and the Fusion have a black box event data recorder like the Mirage has?

Also, would you consider the new Eclipse Cross? It's supposed to be available at dealers soon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I wonder if both the truck and the Fusion have a black box event data recorder like the Mirage has?
    You mean the airbag module? It records info when airbags go off like speed, whether brake pedal was pressed, whether seatbelts were worn etc... at the time of deployment. I can't say I've heard of too many cases where anyone bothered checking the crash data after an accident. Not unless it was very unclear what actually happened and there were loss of life.

I'd say my neck is sore for the next few years and a new vehicle of my choice would lessen the pain and suffering slightly. For the time being. I know someone personally that is still waiting for a settlement from being involved in a head on that happened over 2 years ago. They figure they'll end up with be a pretty good downpayment on a new house and clear up some debt once that's done though
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-02-2018)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hate some people man. Yesterday two cars were coming from one side of the stop sign intersection and I was supposed to go second, but the second car didn't even stop and went right ahead of me. Actually both cars didn't even stop and it looked like they were a group.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You mean the airbag module?
    Not exactly. The Mirage has an Event Data Recorder (like a black box) separate from the airbag controller that records whatever. It's mentioned in the owner's manual.

See this thread for more information.

EDR: Event Data Recording
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-02-2018 at 08:39 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-02-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also, would you consider the new Eclipse Cross? It's supposed to be available at dealers soon.
    I like the look of the Eclipse Cross, but it's a first year model, so that can mean problems. I'm also not a fan of it using a small displacement turbo motor, yet getting the same fuel economy as the larger, older four cylinders in the Outlander models. Seems like extra complication and expense with no real advantage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like the look of the Eclipse Cross, but it's a first year model, so that can mean problems.
    You are right about the introduction of new designs - you never know what might develop. Mitsubishi seemed to do pretty good with the Mirage at introduction.

I'm also not a fan of it using a small displacement turbo motor, yet getting the same fuel economy as the larger, older four cylinders in the Outlander models. Seems like extra complication and expense with no real advantage.
    I looked up the fuel economy for the Eclipse Cross and was surprised it didn't do better with fuel economy. The Outlander Sport does better on fuel economy. Between the two models, the Outlander Sport is slightly larger in most dimensions yet weights less. I guess that's the difference.

Not exactly. The Mirage has an Event Data Recorder (like a black box) separate from the airbag controller that records whatever. It's mentioned in the owner's manual.

See this thread for more information.

EDR: Event Data Recording
    Oh ok. Looks like we're talking about the basically the same thing. Most if not all of that info is typically stored in the airbag module. I haven't heard of a separate box. Seems kinda redundant.

https://www.meaforensic.com/hs-fs/hu...=1510267647973
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Oh ok. Looks like we're talking about the basically the same thing. Most if not all of that info is typically stored in the airbag module. I haven't heard of a separate box. Seems kinda redundant.

https://www.meaforensic.com/hs-fs/hu...=1510267647973
    Good point. I just figured that it was separate by the description in the owner's manual. Thanks for straightening me out.

So, how can we tell where Mitsubishi has it in the Mirage? I didn't see it mentioned in the article.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You are right about the introduction of new designs - you never know what might develop. Mitsubishi seemed to do pretty good with the Mirage at introduction.

I looked up the fuel economy for the Eclipse Cross and was surprised it didn't do better with fuel economy. The Outlander Sport does better on fuel economy. Between the two models, the Outlander Sport is slightly larger in most dimensions yet weights less. I guess that's the difference.
    If you want more room and very acceptable economy the RVR is an excellent choice.
    I drove one for quite a while when dealership was waiting for a new engine for my '14 mirage.
    After the RVR they rented me a Kia Rio and I was surprised to find the RVR returned better fuel economy.
    Keep in mind though, most of my driving is highway.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    If you want more room and very acceptable economy the RVR is an excellent choice.
    I drove one for quite a while when dealership was waiting for a new engine for my '14 mirage.
    After the RVR they rented me a Kia Rio and I was surprised to find the RVR returned better fuel economy.
    Keep in mind though, most of my driving is highway.
    The RVR - I think it's called the Outlander Sport down here.

Did you get a five speed?