Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High consumption fuel

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    valves sound a little loud and the shake is unusual - what does it sound like when you rev up the engine ?

Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Algeria
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    valves sound a little loud and the shake is unusual - what does it sound like when you rev up the engine ?
    Look in video and tell me if sound and vibration is correct

https://youtu.be/RaGe9UbOTmY

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 26.0 mpg (US) ... 11.0 km/L ... 9.1 L/100 km ... 31.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegas111 View Post
    Look in video and tell me if sound and vibration is correct

https://youtu.be/RaGe9UbOTmY
    yes, i did look at the video
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yeah, your engine has valve noise.
    The vibration I see in the video is not that bad. The intake snorkle bobbing about is totally normal. I have mine zip-tyed to a hose that runs under/near it to keep my OCD at bay.
    Get your valves adjusted. That will stop the clatter and likely smooth things out a bit.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Looking at the provided youtube video why do you not have a mass airflow/air temperature sensor installed(located in the filter box)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Looking at the provided youtube video why do you not have a mass airflow/air temperature sensor installed(located in the filter box)
    This thread is over 3 years old so don't hold your breath expecting a response from the OP.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Adding a nonsense reply to an existing thread. The other day while working from home, I decided I would make a quick but efficient run to Chick-Fil-A for a breakfast. There is one almost exactly 2 miles from my house. I was going to try to do 40 mpg even though the driving conditions are not great for mpg.

I did manage to do about 42.5 mpg (even after factoring the error in the display). There and back was about 4 miles. Then I calculated how much actual fuel I used. Turns out I used about 13 ounces. That's more than a standard 12 ounce soda can!

Then I felt guilty. There's no way that breakfast I got was worth burning more than a 12 ounce can of gas. And I thought about how everyone does that and worse, but 11 mpg pickup trucks, and big ass Hummer 2's (which I consider to be about the dumbest vehicles on the road).

I'm going to try to do more trip combinations so I use fuel more wisely.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Some markets use a different throttle body/intake setup and don't use a maf sensor.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)