Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soon to be owner... with questions!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Great advice here, guys! I have nothing to add!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you are a little patient good deals can be found. I'm sure some have done better than me. It depends on what rebates you qualify for, too! Good luck!
    Nice write-up. Thanks for sharing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I suspect my Mirage may rust away before it wears itself out.
    Doesn't have to be that way. Annual or semi-annual rust prevention sprays help a lot to keep car-killing rust away -- even if you live in the rust belt like I do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    A quick update from me, I have been looking all over from new, used, to even from Copart.

In my recent searching I have found that some dealers are advertising $9,999 Mirages. I think this might be my time to swoop in and pick one up. I cant see myself finding a new one much cheaper than this.

I am in no big hurry to get one now, but im not sure if i will see any bigger savings between now and June time. The manufacturer financing incentive is good, and in combination with the low dealer prices is hard to determine if itll get better.

Anyone here semi familiar with the price patterns? Id imagine this is the complete wrong time of the year to favor buyers.

It all depends on how badly they want to move the metal.

2 years ago, March/April had the BIGGEST discounts we've ever seen.

Someone posted a stat recently that Mirages were piling up on dealer lots, but the company hasn't increased the rebates for a couple of months.

If the $9999 price isn't weasel marketing (with all kinds of stacked rebates where hardly anybody qualifies for all of them), that's not bad at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Just something to think about before buying.
    Mine is a stripped-naked elcheapo 1.0L model, which came new at almost half the price of the fully laden (bloated?) bells-and-whistles model. The crappy steering and hard seats are just the same as in the expensive model. I do a lot of long-distance driving, either in this car or in a full-size truck. When I'm driving this car, there is no feature I miss that only the expensive model has. Another point: I don't see the the outsides of this car while I'm driving, it could be painted graffiti or polka-dots, I just don't see it while driving. What really counts is reliability, useability and low fuel consumption.

That said, I would think a buyer who can't pay cash would be best off getting a used one, especially so considering depreciation and reliability. Let the previous owner pay for depreciation, but you enjoy the durability and longevity. With just a little care, they do last a very long time. Look at the ads, take your time, and you shall find.

Last edited by foama; 03-29-2018 at 08:31 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-29-2018),MetroMPG (03-30-2018)