Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
Sorry for the spate of posts here today. I'm having a lazy Sat. morning and apparently feeling chatty.

As to why America hates Mitsubishis..
Does anyone think it has anything to do with history?
Like I dunno.. Mitsubishi Zeros doing nasty things to the US in wartime and the logo on our cars looking like and seemingly representing the 3 bladed prop on said Zeros?
I'm not saying there are still hatreds held but I'm wondering if those who "review" Mitsubishis are afraid of losing stature, ( ie income ) for speaking too favourably on their behalf.
(Like when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against Bush and everyone lost their minds.)
Is fear of pissing some people off filling reviews with more status quo opinion than substance, fact and truth?
The hatred isn't because of the Zero. It's because Mitsubishi Heavy Industries treated captured American servicemen as slaves. They forced them to mine coal for 16 hours a day under brutal dangerous conditions. Many serviceman died.

Mitsubishi, AFAIK, has never formally apologized for their mistreatment of the Allied POWS. Nor made financial reparations.