Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally getting around to this!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Finally getting around to this!

Hi all, finally getting around to doing this intro :P

I've had my 2018 Sapphire Blue Mirage GT for roughly 4 weeks now. And to be honest, I love it. I got it because I didn't want to keep sinking money in repairs to my 2004 Jeep Liberty, with atrocious milage. My ex recently got a new Mitsubishi Outlander, and I had fond memories of my original 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander. Also having driven my sisters old 90's Mirage (don't know the year), which was a blast, I was familiar with Mitsubishis. Looking at my options I decided I wanted to go in the complete opposite direction of my Jeep, small and fuel concious, while not spending a lot of money. Always wanted a hatchback, so I decided on the Mirage. Out of this world fuel economy, decievingly roomy interior, and gorgeous color nailed it for my.

I was originally looking at a two toned black and gold Mirage GT, it was sexy, but I couldn't help it, I love this Blue! It has more than I needed, but couldn't pass it up; push to start, remote start, HID lights, fog lights, heated seats, Andriod Auto (no Apples in this house!), back up camera, etc...

Living in New Hampshire in the valley of Mt Washington, where nothing is close by, I do a lot of driving. Every weekend I have to pick up my daughters, so I drive almost 200 miles just on the weekends alone. Knowing I was going to be driving also led me to this gem of a car. The one downside I saw before hand was the lack of HP in the little car, and it's still a downside, but not as bad as it sounds. I haven't had an issue passing people on the highway at all. And let me just say that I was worried about how it was going to handle in the snow, the icy roads, and windy highways, especially with how light it is. But holy heck, this thing hasn't had an issue getting me from point A to point B.

I've had several comments at work from co-workers, saying how cute it is... That's the downside I suppose, and if that's the only real downside then I think I'm doing fine.

Brief vehicle history:
    '89 Oldsmobile Cutlas Ciera, first car in '95
    '90's Mercury Cougar (bought off older sister in '96 during college)
    '97 Nissan Pickup, bought new when elisted in the Air Force (the year before the Frontier came out)
    late '90's Mitsu Mirage (borrowed from sister to drive around, was just fun to drive) around 2001
    2003 Mitsu Outlander, first year they were available (started my Massage Therapy business and wanted extra room)
    '97 Nissan Altima, drove that up to Maine in '09
    '2004 Jeep Liberty, started driving that around in '14, wanted 4WD in New England
    2018 Mitsu Mirage GT, realized I don't need 4WD in New England, and I didn't want to spend a fortune in gas

Anyways, I'm a tech guy, a gamer, a photographer. I've been a flight line mechanic, bowling alley mechanic, massage therapist, and retail guy. I know a lot, only because I've done a lot and learned from my mistakes.

Lastly, we're planning on going back to the dealership next month to trade in another car to get my girlfriend her own Mirage, she's looking at the G4 for herself. We just need to find it in the Wine Red color :P

Regards to all!!!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blutenchi For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (03-14-2018),Cobrajet (03-14-2018),Daox (03-14-2018),Eggman (03-14-2018),inuvik (03-13-2018),MetroMPG (03-14-2018),Top_Fuel (03-14-2018),Wallythacker (03-29-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Forgot, but here are some photos, they're the same ones from the garage page. Once Spring finally gets here and I can properly clean it I'll take some better ones. Stay tuned!

Attachment 11505

Attachment 11506

Attachment 11507

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Welcome aboard! You are right...that Sapphire Blue REALLY pops. A co-worker's wife has a '15 Mirage in that color. I am happy with my '15 ES in Infrared, but wouldn't kick a new blue GT out of my driveway!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutenchi View Post
    Forgot, but here are some photos, they're the same ones from the garage page. Once Spring finally gets here and I can properly clean it I'll take some better ones. Stay tuned!

Attachment 11505Attachment 11506Attachment 11507
    I'm unable to see your photos. For some reason the forum software doesn't always display attachments.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMAG0329.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  92.0 KB
    Name:  IMAG0330.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  95.3 KB
    Name:  IMAG0335.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  91.6 KB

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blutenchi For This Useful Post:

2of9 (03-27-2018),Daox (03-14-2018),Eggman (03-14-2018),wellswebdesign (03-14-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It tomorrow fine last night, but doesn't display today ��
    Just uploaded from my phone, maybe that'll work?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The new pictures work. Thanks!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Welcome!

I enjoyed reading your introduction. Your Mirage looks sharp, & it seems like you are enjoying it. The fact that your girlfriend is planning to buy one must mean that she approves of it!

I've felt my 2017 Mirage has handled the snow pretty well this winter, too! I also own a 2011 Subaru Forester. I purchased the Subaru with 15,000 miles on it in 2013. I love driving my new Mirage, but I can't totally part with the Forester. I would be lost without the ability to haul my trailer. I haul things like my compact tractor, ATV, UTV, riding lawnmower, bags of wood pellets, firewood, deer to the meat locker, etc... It's amazing how many extra friends you suddenly have when you own a trailer! My Forester is set up to haul kayaks &/or bikes. I also have an extra set of snow tires for it. I can't part with my Forester, but I love the Mirage for the majority of my every day driving.

Since owing my Forester, I've been racking up the miles on it (approximately 88,000 miles on it now). I am hoping my Mirage is going to extend the life of my Subaru. Plus, I appreciate the gas savings. I've been wanting a small, efficient car for quite some time. Most of my driving doesn't require an AWD vehicle. I am at different phase of my life than you, but I am finding the Mirage is meeting my needs extremely well.

Both of my daughters got married in 2017. One in August and the other in September. I bought my Mirage in October. My savings were tapped! One of my daughter lives overseas. When she's in the states, she (& her husband) will most likely borrow the Mirage. She's been doing summer school in the states to finish up her Masters, for example. The majority of the driving with Mirage will be done by me, however. Saying I bought the Mirage for my daughter to borrow at times helped me justify owning a second vehicle.

I live/teach in southwest Wisconsin, but my parents live in northeast Wisconsin. They are getting at the age where I see myself going back & forth more often. Since purchasing the Mirage, I've already made 5 trips up north with it (Thanksgiving, Christmas party with relatives, Christmas with parents, funeral for an uncle, & just a visit with parents for no reason). I've enjoyed driving across Wisconsin in the Mirage.

I hope you continue to enjoy your Mirage. Enjoy those daughters, too! The years do fly by, & they do grow up! I also hope you have fun shopping for a second Mirage with your girlfriend! You'll have to keep us posted on how that goes! I still feel relatively new to this forum myself, but welcome to the group! I enjoyed what you shared with us.

Take care!

Mark

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-15-2018),MetroMPG (03-21-2018)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Congrats on your new Mirage!

Belated welcome, Blutenchi!

I was worried about how it was going to handle in the snow, the icy roads, and windy highways, especially with how light it is. But holy heck, this thing hasn't had an issue getting me from point A to point B.

realized I don't need 4WD in New England
    Did you put winter tires on the Mirage? If not, a good set takes it to the next level.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)