Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6th gen Mirage production history/sales trivia! Mar. 20, 2012 launch

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    The last press release that I saw, casually contained a sentence stating that the Clio/Colt will be positioned above the Space Star and below the new ASX (which will also be a rebranded Renault).

So, at least not "replacing the Space Star". Yet.

My guess is 2024 as well.
    I would conclude any new version of the Outlander Sport will become a rebranded Rogue Sport clone. If you like Nissan products with a Mitsubishi label on them, that seems to be the way things are headed.

Since Nissan doesn't currently have much of a small hatchback line up in the States, the Mirage may be safe for some time yet.

You would think so, but everyone else is canning their cheap small hatchbacks in North America.

"You want an entry level car, you will buy our $20,000 crossover or small SUV." Pay for it over 8 or 9 years if you have to!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I saw a "20th anniversary" commercial for Mitsubishi Canada the other day, and they didn't even SHOW the Mirage in the ad. Just their 3 SUVs / crossovers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Small cars are not "in" right now.

The biggest SUV, biggest grille, biggest garage, and biggest concrete heated driveway. With pod lights. That is contemporary taste. Hard to use the word "taste" there. Why do people get so excited about commuting to work? Lol that is what I don't get, majority of drivers must be commuters.

If I had the big bucks I wouldn't buy an i8 or McLaren, I would buy a hobby farm and work on self sufficiency various ways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Small cars are not "in" right now.

The biggest SUV, biggest grille, biggest garage, and biggest concrete heated driveway. With pod lights. That is contemporary taste. Hard to use the word "taste" there. Why do people get so excited about commuting to work? Lol that is what I don't get, majority of drivers must be commuters.

If I had the big bucks I wouldn't buy an i8 or McLaren, I would buy a hobby farm and work on self sufficiency various ways.

Nobody WANTS the commute. It's just the cities lure businesses/jobs in with tax breaks, but nobody wants to live in their crime ridden, lawless cities with horrible, unsafe schools. So you live where you feel safer (country, suburbs), and where there are good schools for your kids and no gangs or drive by shootings. And you commute to your job. Your kids are worth it. And the peace of mind is worth it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-14-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The school taxation system is way different in the States. If kids go to a public school urban Canada, the schools are comparable to the ones rurally. Different country and we both share the same problems, I don't know about the same problems proportionately.

Can't compare a big apple to a small orange, even if they both come from the same fruit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-14-2022)

I used to be salty and jealous of people that had big houses and reliable cars. Then I put my big boy pants on and got a better job. I have zero regrets. Better job, better benefits, better equipment, way easier work, better company, and most importantly better pay…sometimes you gotta move to where the money is.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-14-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Gotcha. Could have been the other way of course, but sounds like the dominos fell exactly as you needed them to when you needed them to, so here's to you.

And really, it's not the material stuff I am envious of, nearly as much as people with attractive, nice partners and great kids. That's annoying lol. Nice people with class.

Happy 11th (and 12th) birthday, Mirage!

Happy Birthmonth, Mirage.

This month marks the 12th birthday of the 6th gen "concept" debut, and the 11th birthday of mass production:

From post #1...

Name:  01-mitsu-small-geneva-live-630op.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  61.3 KB

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-09-2023),Top_Fuel (03-09-2023),Wallythacker (03-09-2023)