Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did fly 900 hundred miles and I would fly 900 more

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    Hey! Another Mainah

The block heater won't affect the warranty. It clips onto the engine block, no tools needed. I put one on my Mirage and use it when it dips below 0 - really helps.

Congrats on the new manual - I have one too and loving it.
    Great! Thanks for the comment. Glad to hear it's working for someone else in the area. It started up no problem today so I may or may not have been depressing the clutch all the way, although historically I have never had a problem with that so I'm not sure what changed yesterday. Regardless, I'll be keeping an eye on it and picking up a heater if it continues to be a problem.

Did you add floor mats to the car yet?

I have a set of winter mats that affect total clutch travel and sometimes prevent the clutch switch from being activated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Did you add floor mats to the car yet?

I have a set of winter mats that affect total clutch travel and sometimes prevent the clutch switch from being activated.
    I did, and my mat has a tendency to slide forward. I just ordered a new one from Weathertech. Hopefully that one doesn't move around. That's probably (hopefully) it.

sold my Prius on CL for $3,200 cash. So, so happy with how I made out.
    Nice! How many miles were on it? Why did you decide to sell?

I had a 2004 Prius as a winter car a couple of years back. 265k km = 165k miles. It worked great and only needed normal maintenance. And it was on its original hybrid battery which was still working strong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Nice! How many miles were on it? Why did you decide to sell?

I had a 2004 Prius as a winter car a couple of years back. 265k km = 165k miles. It worked great and only needed normal maintenance. And it was on its original hybrid battery which was still working strong.
    It was at about 144k. I sold because the car was beginning to cost me a lot in repairs. Little things like a dead taillight turned into replacing the whole thing for a couple hundred bucks. I had a red triangle warning message for a while, finally took it in to find that all it was was a malfunctioning sensor; there was nothing actually wrong. Still cost me about $200 for them to get in and disable the sensor. It also got better city mileage than highway and 99% of what I do is highway. Then there's hybrid battery concerns, as you mention, and I was prepared for something smaller. Basically I knew I could get a good amount for it and get the Mirage for very cheap without all the features and nonsense that I first of all didn't want and would eventually have to pay to fix/replace.