Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy a Daox rear sway bar - the bars are done!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Buy a Daox rear sway bar - the bars are done!

I've finalized the design for the Mirage rear sway bar. So, I am moving on to having a batch made by a local fabricator.

The current plan is to order a batch at the end of next week. They should be made within 6-8 weeks and ready for the Midwest Mitsubishi Mirage Meet. If you're planning on coming, you can save some coin on shipping costs. The final price is $175 shipped to the US. If you're outside the US, shipping will cost a bit more. If you're planning on getting one at the meet, or pickup locally, you can save $25 ($150 total price).

However, I have another way for you to save a bit more! Somewhat unfortunately, I have recently been laid off from my full time job. I was planning on financing this entirely on my own up until then. So, now you guys will get an opportunity. I am looking to get deposits for the sway bars. The deposit will help me finance the production and get these made. That deposit will be $100. For your trouble of paying up front, I am offering $10 off your total purchase price and a Mirage Forum decal. This opportunity will end after March 28th (next Wednesday). Your deposit will need to be in by then because I plan to order the bars later that week. I want to make sure that I have time for any delays so these will be ready by the meet.

A little more info on the sway bars. All mounting hardware will be included. They will be powder coated in a semi-gloss black paint. It will look like an OEM part.

Also, something to keep in mind. This is a prototype design. I have been running mine for about 2 months now with no issues. The version I am having made is actually going to be less prone to cracking, but it is a possibility. That being said, I am confident it will hold up. I would not sell something that I think is going to be a problem a year down the road. I just want to be completely up front about it. I don't have a year to test this bar, and I don't think you guys would like to wait that extra time either.

Now, I have a bunch of people interested already. I will be PMing you guys to poke you about this:

inuvik
    alex1a1f
    anog
    wallythacker
    bzacon
    marklovski
    ioriknight
    Angrybeaver
    Eggman

If you want to get the $10 deposit discount, please use the paypal link below to send your deposit in. The rest of your payment will be due before shipment.

You can all now buy a sway bar via the link below. If this is still active they are still available!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-22-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Made the deposit!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-22-2018)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Done!
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-22-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sent! Sorry to hear about your layoff
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the deposits guys!

The layoff really isn't that bad. I have several side businesses that will help keep me afloat, and my wife works too. So, thankfully money really isn't a big deal that makes me anxious and scared. I have time, and I just have to figure out what I'd like to do next. I appreciate the kind words though!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bummer about the layoff! Wow. Hopefully it will lead to something even better though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking forward to it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am bumping this thread. I only have 4 deposits at this point in time. If you're planning on getting one to me let me know, its got to be done soon. Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    OK...I just paid.

Geez...the mods are stacking up on me. I don't even have my glovebox light installed yet!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its starting to get warmer out! Now is as good a time as any to install it.

As a reminder to everyone else, only two days left on this promotion.