Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I a good Mirage candidate?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post
    ...one advertised for $5950; a 2015; with less than 30,000 miles.
    That seems somewhat low for a dealer. I would definitely check out the CarFax or AutoCheck for the car before considering it. A fair percentage of used Mirages have salvage/rebuilt titles. According to CarFax, this car has 28 history records...which seems like a ton for a 3 year old car. They sold 2015 models well into 2016...so this car may only be 2 years old. Lots of us bought 2015s brand new in 2016.

One other thing... That car looks like it has 4 new tires. When looking at a Mirage, you almost have to suspect alignment issues when someone has put new tires on a low-mile car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

gregsfc (04-04-2018),MetroMPG (04-02-2018),poorman1 (04-02-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What's the Spark reliability like? I recall hearing it had problems.
    The newest Spark, from 2016, is rated 2.5 for reliability, JD Power. Previous model years were scored 2, which is the lowest score they give. The newest Mirage is also scored 2. The problem I have with these scores is not knowing why? If it's not automotively related, I would probably care less. I know that some previous Ford vehicles had bad reliability rankings due only to problems with MyFord touch screen systems, but I'd likely have owned one that didn't even have that feature if had owned one of those vehicles. I've also read about vehicles with high auto transmission failures, which would not even apply to stick shift owners.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    An advantage to Spark is about 10 times as many used ones for sale to choose from in my area as compared to Mirage. Many private sellers as well; several 5-speeds. To get a good price on a Sonic or Fiesta requires buying a pre 2013 or rebuilt title. Sonic and Fiesta also do not offer better-than-mid size-car mpg except for the 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta, but they're hard to find, and even harder to find at a good value. With a Kia Rio 5 or Fit, they don't get a value price until near 200,000 miles.