Thread: Maya :: 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage GT (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Maya
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage GT
    Black
    CVT

Details

Yokohama Avid S34FA

175/55R15

77V

UTQG: 320 B A

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+S34FA&p artnum=755VR5S34FA&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1 =yes&&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoYear=2018&autoModel= Mirage+GT&autoModClar=&&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoYe ar=2018&autoModel=Mirage+GT&autoModClar=

•  
    Comments: 7 / Views: 5442
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just realized how bad the focus is on my camera, hehe.

Anyway just picked this beauty up this week. Better pictures are in order, but I also already need some paint/dent repair. had her for less than 12 hours, and a truck threw a rock up on to the hood and left a nasty little ding, right down to the bare metal.

I'm really excited to have this vehicle though, already got 40.5 mpg on the first tank!
    I try not to think...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.3 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 45.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Looks good nimadro. Tell us more about your wheels - the Yokohamas on it when you bought it from the dealer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, strangely enough. I don't know if that is a change with the 2018 model year, or if it is a gt trim level perk. not as noisy compared with the wheels on my previous Jeep Patriot though, I think.
    I try not to think...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.3 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 45.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking at Mitsubishi press kit photos for the 2018 model year shows the Yokohama Avid.

Never noticed that before.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, they aren't enasaves anymore XD. What are your opinions on the CVT? I did read Fummins post on the mileage tracker thread saying his was replaced around 150k miles. Even though it's a jatco, it operates much different than the jatco CVT in my patriot i owned prior. It also seems to emanate higher pitched hums or whistles when its not fully warmed up, depending on how much throttle i'm giving it.
    I try not to think...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, I think the Enasaves serve the purpose of fuel economy just fine. I bought a spare set for when my factory set wear out. Also, I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi still use the Enasaves. I think the 15" rims get the Avids - but I could be wrong.

I have no experience with the CVT transmission in a Mirage. Like the Enasaves, I think it is tuned for fuel economy. I would expect the CVT in your Jeep Patriot is a different model.

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep they have the Yokohama AVID S34F. My 2017 Mirage G4 SE with the 15 inch Alloys has the Yokohamas. I personally liked my 14 inch Dunlop Enasaves on my 2015 Mirage Hatchback better and I think the Enasaves done better in the snow. Overall the Yokohamas have done good for the first 8,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Oh, I think the Enasaves serve the purpose of fuel economy just fine. I bought a spare set for when my factory set wear out. Also, I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi still use the Enasaves. I think the 15" rims get the Avids - but I could be wrong.

I have no experience with the CVT transmission in a Mirage. Like the Enasaves, I think it is tuned for fuel economy. I would expect the CVT in your Jeep Patriot is a different model.