Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Mitsubishi Truck

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    23
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Mitsubishi Truck

    Came across this in my news feed. Now of we could convince them to bring it to America...

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitsubish...044445460.html



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

    01-7700 (03-26-2018)

  3. #2
    Senior Member 01-7700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Maine
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 92 Times in 63 Posts
    pricey!
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.1 mpg (Imp)


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    23
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    True. O.k., maybe a base DE model then?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    94
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 47 Times in 28 Posts
    I think the market is ripe for a small, affordable pickup truck. It's an untapped market in the U.S. Most small trucks in the U.S have disappeared or evolved into mid-size trucks. Personally, I think the old Mitsubishi Mighty Max name had a nice ring to it!

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    23
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think the market is ripe for a small, affordable pickup truck. It's an untapped market in the U.S. Most small trucks in the U.S have disappeared or evolved into mid-size trucks. Personally, I think the old Mitsubishi Mighty Max name had a nice ring to it!
    I totally agree. Anyone old enough to remember the Toyota SR5, Chevy Luv/S-10, Ford Ranger? 1985 Ranger was my first new car, and you just don't see that size pickup anymore. Open segment, Mitsubishi. Grab it. Make it tough and reliable, use the Mighty Max name and sit back and count the money. This SUV trend will run its course soon.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

    tomrad (03-31-2018)

  8. #6
    Senior Member 01-7700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Maine
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 92 Times in 63 Posts
    yes! a small lightweight basic pickup with a 4wd option - i would be very interested
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.1 mpg (Imp)


  9. #7
    Senior Member IchabodCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON. CA
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 290 Times in 177 Posts
    Not sure where I read it but I believe the US blocks imports of some trucks, including those offering 10 yr warranties to protect US auto makers.

    Anyone else hear of this?
    Will weld for beer.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)


  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
    That last statement cannot be true. If 10yr warranty is not allowed, manufacturers will give only 9 years.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 52.1 mpg (US) ... 22.1 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.5 mpg (Imp)


  11. #9
    Senior Member Cobrajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,475
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 790 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Not sure where I read it but I believe the US blocks imports of some trucks, including those offering 10 yr warranties to protect US auto makers.

    Anyone else hear of this?
    Yes. It's colloquially called "The Chicken Tax" here, and it doesn't actually block imports. It just adds a huge tariff, making foreign-built light trucks expensive to sell in the US.

    It was created in response to European tariffs on the importation of US chicken, hence the name.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

  12. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    23
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Yes. It's colloquially called "The Chicken Tax" here, and it doesn't actually block imports. It just adds a huge tariff, making foreign-built light trucks expensive to sell in the US.

    It was created in response to European tariffs on the importation of US chicken, hence the name.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

    This is correct, but I wouldn't rule out a joint venture with Nissan to build in the U.S., since they recently merged. Or they could build something like the Subaru brat and call it a car, lol.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •