Thread: 18 Mirage - Remote Start

Country
    United States
    Thanks

18 Mirage - Remote Start

Hey guys. I picked up a 18 Mirage GT and I'm really enjoying this car just two days in.

The GT only came with mats so I'm looking to possibly pick up the Rockford package (AMG14EAB01) and remote start package (MZ360477EX). I believe I saw on here the Rockford package was plug and play but I haven't seen anything about the remote start. Can anyone provide brief information about the install?

I'd take it to the dealership but the sales guys seem to just chase their tails. They also want 20% over MSRP for the parts.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tin-naga View Post
    ...I'm looking to possibly pick up the Rockford package (AMG14EAB01)...
    Check this thread for someone who installed that system.

Before you drop $600 on the factory Rockford upgrade, consider aftermarket alternatives which will blow away the Rockford stuff. Here's what I have in my car. It takes up about the same amount of room in the hatch area as the Rockford box. The amp produces a lot of power, but fits easily under the passenger seat. This is what a local car audio shop recommended for me and it's been working out great...

Subwoofer enclosure: JL Audio CP208LG W3v3
    Subwoofer amplifier: Kicker 43CXA600.1
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 03-28-2018 at 05:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-28-2018),IchabodCrane (03-29-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum tin-naga! The Rockford-Fosgate upgrade was a plug and play for the base stereo without touch screen. It is a Clarion head unit. The '18's are using a different head unit. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is on those but someone on the forum will probably be able to provide more detail.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you guys. Looks like the Rockford won't be plug and play for me.

I like the JL Audio CP208LG W3v3.

Quote Originally Posted by tin-naga View Post
    I haven't seen anything about the remote start. Can anyone provide brief information about the install?

I'd take it to the dealership but the sales guys seem to just chase their tails. They also want 20% over MSRP for the parts.
    I have only installed one remote start that was oem and it was for a 15' kia optima, it was totally plug and play, no splicing wires or drilling holes. It was tricky to get some of the wiring tucked out of the way but other wise simple.

I assume the same would be for a Mitsubishi remote start. Should be just a matter of unplug a few harnesses and plug the remote start inline. I couldn't find any instructions for them though.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)