Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage is bought (then hardly driven at all) by lots of people, going by used ads

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    A lot of people just don't drive very much. They have a short commute, everything is within a mile or two of their house, etc.

I have seen lots of 'granny cars' that are 20 years old and only have 30,000 miles on them. Nothing new.

There are probably just as many people on the other end of spectrum. My car is a '15 and has over 90,000 miles on it.
    Yeah the Toyota Matrix was a granny and young girl car. My brother had a modded one and he was probably the only person with a modded one for miles.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    Yes, I heard that about 6 weeks ago.
    Hmm. Checked the inventory pages on their website... nada.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Is that recent news?

When I returned the 2017 G4 loaner to Bank Street Mitsu last spring, there were a handful of unsold 2015's on the lot.
    Whoa, whoa whoa!!!!

Bank St. still has 2015's on their lot with no kms?

I bought my '14 from Bank St. in '16 for a great price. It was one of 5 cars that had been warehoused somewhere. How Bank St. got them IDK. But they are part of the Dilawri group which is Dodge, Hyundai, Mitsu, and others. They obviously have pull in the industry.

Anyway, in the fall of '17 I called Bank St., spoke with my salesman who assured me they didn't have any '15s, new or very low kms, on the lot.

Remember my thread I started where I was finding '15s/'17s with super low miles on other Asian dealer lots? THere were too many of them to be a co incidence.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)