Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CVT transmission FLUSH attempt

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If anyone is wondering how much fluid comes out when you drop the pan and the cartridge filter. It looks like at least four and a half quarts that are in the bucket and I'm going to say another half quarthttp://
    that fell all over the ground. So somewhere around 5 quart's if you drop the pan and filter.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I'm unable to see your photos. Your image hosting website won't allow 3rd party hosting. Can you upload the pictures to the forum website?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok. Let me try it this way
    In one pic you can see the original O-ring. In the other you can see the new one that is too big
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe I missed it in an earlier thread, but does anyone have the correct brand/part numbers for the filters? I recently asked at my local dealership and was told there are no replaceable filters. "We just drain and fill".

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Maybe I missed it in an earlier thread, but does anyone have the correct brand/part numbers for the filters? I recently asked at my local dealership and was told there are no replaceable filters. "We just drain and fill".
    You can find that information discussed in this thread:

CVT Failure (at 304,000 km / 189k miles, delivery vehicle)

There's lots of detailed info about the transmission, the failure found, filters, repair parts, etcetera.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got the filters and seals from Cobra Transmissions. The don't show up when you look up the Mitsubishi Mirage on the site. I just typed in the part numbers and found then that way.

Everything worked but this O-ring. It's too big.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    How easy was the upper cartridge filter to replace?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It was easy I had the car up on Jacks and was able to get in there and do it it's kind of hard to get to. If you take the drivers inner fender well panel out it would be really easy to see but it's not hard at all just one Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    It took some convincing to finally get our dealer to even try to look up filters, they ended up sending us some parts brakedowns and I had to circle the parts and give them the numbers. Pretty frustrating to deal with our dealership when you have to tell them how to do their job.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    is it worth it to even change the main filter i've heard its just a screen and wont get clogged unless the transmission is going out