Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Death accident Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    These photos were posted online earlier today...

Name:  accident2.jpg
Views: 2568
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  accident.jpg
Views: 2543
Size:  64.3 KB

Link: https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...ter/481607002/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but when a traffic light turns green I don't just step on the gas. I'm a little more paranoid in my Mirage and I make sure traffic has stopped before I pull away. This happened to me over the weekend. Some guy was either not paying attention or was trying to beat a yellow light. He ended up running a red light at 50+ mph. If I had just pulled out into the intersection, he would have taken the front end off my car. I tend to treat this car like a motorcycle with fenders since lots of people are driving vehicles that weigh twice what the Mirage does.
    Exactly! Be careful out there guys! It turned green for me at a busy but weirdly shaped intersection and an old lady turned left (nearly a U turn) when it wasn't her turn to go. Nearly crashed into her but I stopped before I went too far because I saw it coming....
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-03-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    These photos were posted online earlier today...

Name:  accident2.jpg
Views: 2568
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  accident.jpg
Views: 2543
Size:  64.3 KB

Link: https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...ter/481607002/

Bad photos, to be sure. I am somewhat surprised at how much structurally intact the G4 remained, given weight disparity and speed of the truck. It looks like the impact was right center mass of the passenger compartment, unfortunately.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Bad photos, to be sure. I am somewhat surprised at how much structurally intact the G4 remained, given weight disparity and speed of the truck. It looks like the impact was right center mass of the passenger compartment, unfortunately.
    I agree. It looks like the structure put up a helluva fight. It appears all airbags did deploy, even the driver's knee bag. I'm still surprised those on the driver side died. They had enough survival space and the side bags should have softened the blow of their heads against the door.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would suspect that the passenger side occupants heads may have been displaced far enough to impact the driver side occupants heads leading to the fatalities. My condolences to the families of those lost in the accident.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I hate trucks like that. Not enough that they are driving a three ton behemoth, but why do they also feel the need to put a 300 pound plate-steel battering ram on the front of the damned thing??

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Argos (04-13-2018),Eggman (04-04-2018),mohammad (02-18-2022),poorman1 (04-04-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If anyone is curious about the crash testing here is a link:

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/veh...dan?print-view

My condolences to the family, and I agree with the others; be careful out there. Love your family while you can, we never know what tomorrow holds. James 4:14

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I hate trucks like that. Not enough that they are driving a three ton behemoth, but why do they also feel the need to put a 300 pound plate-steel battering ram on the front of the damned thing??
    That's not nice. I'm pretty sure the guy in the truck wasn't driving around looking for someone to ram into. But on the other hand I sure wouldn't have wanted to be hit by my old lifted truck with the big bambi basher bumper. It was a 4.3 ton behemoth.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    British family as wall

A police spokesman said: “The preliminary investigation reveals that the driver of a white Mitsubishi sedan, Adam P Stephenson, 30, of Bristol England, was traveling west on SR 405, made a left turn at the intersection of Sisson Road, into the path of an eastbound black Ford F-250 pickup truck.

Data from the car's GPS indicates that it had instructed Adam Stephenson, the driver of the vehicle, to carry out a "U-turn" at an intersection.

The manoeuvre took the family's white Mitsubishi sedan into the path of an eastbound black Ford F-250 pickup truck.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/596424...rash-identity/

UK car crash Test

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/...-/-mirage/8881
    Last edited by Adam - UK; 04-04-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    British family as wall

A police spokesman said: “The preliminary investigation reveals that the driver of a white Mitsubishi sedan, Adam P Stephenson, 30, of Bristol England, was traveling west on SR 405, made a left turn at the intersection of Sisson Road, into the path of an eastbound black Ford F-250 pickup truck.

Data from the car's GPS indicates that it had instructed Adam Stephenson, the driver of the vehicle, to carry out a "U-turn" at an intersection.

The manoeuvre took the family's white Mitsubishi sedan into the path of an eastbound black Ford F-250 pickup truck.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/596424...rash-identity/

UK car crash Test

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/...-/-mirage/8881
    I think the fact that they were British tourists is key here. In the darkness and confusion, the driver may have reflexively looked in the wrong direction for approaching traffic. Brits drive on the other side of the road.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-05-2018),poorman1 (04-05-2018)