Thread: AC not working - code B1062: mode selection damper control motor, potentiometer low

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

AC not working - code B1062: mode selection damper control motor, potentiometer low

Hi There,
    I am in serious problem sue to AC. it works only when i am driving, on slow speed or idle stat is stops cooling i checked ac gas it also ok. on ODB test its says 'B1062: mode selection damper control motor and potentiometer low' can any one help hot fix it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imrandanish View Post
    Hi There,
    I am in serious problem sue to AC. it works only when i am driving, on slow speed or idle stat is stops cooling i checked ac gas it also ok. on ODB test its says 'B1062: mode selection damper control motor and potentiometer low' can any one help hot fix it.
    you must have auto hvac.

there are two dampers. both a motor and a potentiometer to tell the the computer where are. the potentiometers share reference sources so this cannot not be issue.

my thought is you have a physically stuck damper, but what this has too do with idle i haven't a clue.

check your fuse box and pay particular attention too fuses 10-18

if fuses are ok find the damper motor wires and ohm them out. you want the motor that uses the green and white wire but compare them to the other motor.

you could also try checking for vdc when making a selection that would force the motor to move, its possible the computer went bad but i doubt it because the other damper thinks its ok.

the whole system is heavily wired into lots of other things. this leads me too believe low engine coolant, or even a vacuum leak could produce issues like this, but seeing is how you have a obd code start there!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

imrandanish (07-11-2016)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    #MightyMirageMpg
    Thank you so much for reply, please note one more thing, when i am driving in evening or low temperature so when RPM is above 1500 then AC cooling is outstanding. only problem is in high temp or on low RPM "Below 1200 RPM". my tech says i should replace compressor and condenser to get rid of this issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My guess is that your radiator fan is not working.

That is why the A/C works at higher speeds and nothing to pull the heat from the condenser at a stop or slow speeds.

The diagnostic trouble code is set in a lot of mirages. Including my mirage and the A/C is working fine in mine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

imrandanish (07-11-2016)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    My guess is that your radiator fan is not working.

That is why the A/C works at higher speeds and nothing to pull the heat from the condenser at a stop or slow speeds.

The diagnostic trouble code is set in a lot of mirages. Including my mirage and the A/C is working fine in mine.
    I have checked fan is working fine, any other thoughts. please help cos my tech says i should replace compressor but i am not convinced with his statement as on move its working 100% ok

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    you must have auto hvac.

there are two dampers. both a motor and a potentiometer to tell the the computer where are. the potentiometers share reference sources so this cannot not be issue.

my thought is you have a physically stuck damper, but what this has too do with idle i haven't a clue.

check your fuse box and pay particular attention too fuses 10-18

if fuses are ok find the damper motor wires and ohm them out. you want the motor that uses the green and white wire but compare them to the other motor.

you could also try checking for vdc when making a selection that would force the motor to move, its possible the computer went bad but i doubt it because the other damper thinks its ok.

the whole system is heavily wired into lots of other things. this leads me too believe low engine coolant, or even a vacuum leak could produce issues like this, but seeing is how you have a obd code start there!
    Sir please note, i can feel when i push gas on move i can feel starting of compressor but as well as i left my foot from gas it stops.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Take it to several different shops to get different opinions. They should connect guages to verify correct pressures.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (07-11-2016)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Is your AC working fine now? I've got my car checked today and got this code (B1062)...