Thread: Lowering the 0 to 60 mph time on the Mirage G4?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lowering the 0 to 60 mph time on the Mirage G4?

Hello, Mirage/G4 family!

I am curious as of if someone has SUCCESSFULLY lowered the horrid 0 to 60 time that this car, with amazing turning ability, has of 12 seconds? Please include any pictures, parts used along with parts numbers and manufactures if possible. Also, I noticed that the Mirage G4 likes to hesitate when trying to approach 6k rpm, doesn't allow over 5k rpm until the car is going at least 60 mph or at most 65mph. Anyone know why that is??? Thanks!

The only one that's made these engines make more power on this continent(that I'm aware of) is this guy: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...nto-dunebuggy)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/dirtgeartv

If you have money, time and skills then a turbo may be an idea. I don't think anyone makes go fast parts for these things that do anything noticable. There's a company that makes a header but they throw catalytic coverter codes on North American cars. Some install a homemade cold air intake and get go-fast noises.

Honestly, it makes more sense to buy a faster car than buy snake oil or fake horsepower chips that do nothing. The only thing I can think of is gut the car like Loren did. Check out some of his threads. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...I-own-a-Mirage
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-09-2024 at 09:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

SapphireMoon515 (01-09-2024),Top_Fuel (01-10-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    I like the intent of this thread. But I certainly wouldn't call the acceleration horrid. Course, the CVT is going to feel slower than the 5-speed. I'm still not convinced a 5-speed would win at the drag strip. Maybe it would on a 1/8th of a mile. But that CVT staying up in the monster power rpm should be catching up near the end of the track.

We have another thread going to make a (small) effort (maybe) toward resolving the CEL / codes when running a header.

However, even if we had the ability to run a header and tune AFR and timing like some big-time street cred tuners, what's the potential gain? 15% ... maybe (I doubt it). So ... 10%? So 7 to 10 hp?

Would it be worth it? That's owner-by-owner, application-by-application dependent. Mostly I'd say no. It's not worth losing warranty chasing 7 to 10 horsepower. And even tuned by Dominic Toretto, the Mirage is still going to be crushed by ... let's see, hmmmmm uhhhhh EVERY OTHER CAR ON THE ROAD!

But that's not why we love this car!

However, when we do get our ALL MIRAGE DRAG RACE organized, those who tune this beast are going to be KINGS at the strip, and have difficulty pulling off a successful No Prep run.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

SapphireMoon515 (01-09-2024)