Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirage & G4 rebates / deals / incentives -- what are you seeing?

I'm considering buying another sxs for $11-18k. It's hard to justify spending that much money on something that gets used maybe a half dozen times a year in mostly terrible conditions requiring lots of repairs, when I could just buy a car that'll last me probably 10 years if used everyday then let the kids beat the crap out of when they get their license for far less money. But, life is too short, I need new toys lol. I just recently learned that Kawasaki has 3 year warranty on their machines. Seems a little better than the 6 months from Polaris.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm considering buying another sxs for $11-18k. It's hard to justify spending that much money on something that gets used maybe a half dozen times a year in mostly terrible conditions requiring lots of repairs, when I could just buy a car that'll last me probably 10 years if used everyday then let the kids beat the crap out of when they get their license for far less money. But, life is too short, I need new toys lol. I just recently learned that Kawasaki has 3 year warranty on their machines. Seems a little better than the 6 months from Polaris.

Are the Roxor's available in Canada? Not so much a SxS but a legit off road machine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Yup - I saw one on display at an outdoor equipment place near here. Baby jeeps!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Baby jeeps!
    Pretty close to the original dimensions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, they sell them here. They wouldn't work well for where I go. My rzr is 1000lbs, the Teryx I'm looking at is 1600, the Roxor is 3000lbs. Heavy and skinny tires in Muskeg = stuck. The dimensions are pretty kinda comparable to many side by sides. But I don't think they ride to well, much like the original Jeeps.

Sometimes we come across groups in Jeeps and Toyota's on one well used trail along a river valley. It is impressive what they can go through but they are soooo slow and it takes them so long to get to the end of the trail most of them just spend the night and come back the next day. On a quad or sxs it's a nice easy day trip there and back without racing.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, they sell them here. They wouldn't work well for where I go. My rzr is 1000lbs, the Teryx I'm looking at is 1600, the Roxor is 3000lbs. Heavy and skinny tires in Muskeg = stuck. The dimensions are pretty kinda comparable to many side by sides. But I don't think they ride to well, much like the original Jeeps.

Sometimes we come across groups in Jeeps and Toyota's on one well used trail along a river valley. It is impressive what they can go through but they are soooo slow and it takes them so long to get to the end of the trail most of them just spend the night and come back the next day. On a quad or sxs it's a nice easy day trip there and back without racing.
    Fummins you fish on your trips too? God, I bet Alberta has some ancient freshwater monsters in their lakes and rivers. They pulled an sturgeon out of a lake recently in Russia that they thought was 200 years old. I also remember reading about a huge alligator snapping turtle getting pulled out of the bayou in Louisiana, alive, that had civil war era musket balls stuck in it's shell.