Thread: Anyone Having Apple Car Play Problems?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Anyone Having Apple Car Play Problems?

I have a 17 Mirage GT that I purchased new. I have never had Apple Car Play before, so I was happy to see that it was installed on the stock head unit in my car. I have already had the recall performed a few months ago. Recently my Car Play performance started to degrade and it has become impossible to use, it is so bad I don't even bother to use it anymore. My display randomly locks up and will not respond to any inputs, I also have problems placing calls, where the call is placed but will not play through the speakers. Siri works absolutely horribly when trying to speak a text message or just about anything else. Overall it is beyond frustrating...

If I use bluetooth for making calls or speaking texts I have no problems whatsoever, so I do not believe it is a phone or cord issue.

Have already reset the head unit to factory settings numerous times and nothing changes.

Went into the dealer to make an appointment to see if it needs a software update, but that had already been done when I brought it in for the recall. I told the dealer if that does not fix it I want the thing replaced under warranty.

Was curious if anyone else was having similar problems with Car Play.

Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was hoping more would comment. I have a 19 model and having this issue. The dealer replaced the head unit and it was working fine until I updated to the new iOS 13.3. Now it’s back doing it again. I am thinking this is an Apple issue. I’ve tried different cables and no luck.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have you tried a shorter cable? That often cures that issue.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Aux jack on my 2014 never fails.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Aux jack on my 2014 never fails.
    The Apple Car Play does much more than just play audio.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The Apple Car Play does much more than just play audio.
    So does my phone thru the AUX jack. Plays music on Spotify, meshes well with Uber directions, and sounds better than bluetooth on calls. It does everything Apple car play does.

So does my phone thru the AUX jack. Plays music on Spotify, meshes well with Uber directions, and sounds better than bluetooth on calls. It does everything Apple car play does.
    You don't have the usb port cable in the top left corner of the glove box?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GraystarMirageSE View Post
    I was hoping more would comment. I have a 19 model and having this issue. The dealer replaced the head unit and it was working fine until I updated to the new iOS 13.3. Now it’s back doing it again. I am thinking this is an Apple issue. I’ve tried different cables and no luck.
    Honestly I just gave up on the issue. The dealer was no help short of doing software updates, and my iPhone was running the current version of iOS. Apple or generic cables made no difference. I ended up giving the car to my son to use for college. I suspect it was an issue within car play and nothing necessarily wrong with my head unit. Sorry I cannot be of much help but good luck with the problem... it was very frustrating.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You don't have the usb port cable in the top left corner of the glove box?
    I do but it only charges and flashes no connection on the head unit. No bluetooth either. Now the other car has bluetooth and I thought I would compare it with the AUX serup. Honestly I prefer the AUX the competing apps just meshes together better.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 12-13-2019 at 05:20 PM.

I do but it only charges and flashes no connection on the head unit. No bluetooth either. Now the other car has bluetooth and I thought I would compare it with the AUX serup. Honestly I prefer the AUX the competing apps just meshes together better.
    weird, mine did that a few times. Had to restart my phone. It plays music from my crappy iphone. Shows title and all that crap too. I don't have bluetooth either.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)